How to Install OEM Front Under Garnish Mazda CX 5

Hi Guys just would like to share and show a basic DIY of how to Install a Front bumper under garnish kit on a Mazda CX 5 .

Part : Front Bumper Under Garnish
Part number : KD45-V3-890
Difficulty : 1 out of 5
Time : 30 minutes
Tools needed : None
Extra : The original colour of the under garnish kit should be silver. As for my personal preference mine are painted to match the body color.

Step 1 :

Clean front bumper area with spray wax and grease removal on to a microfiber towel .

Step 2 :

Peel a small section of a 3M double tape

Step 3 :

Carefully position the Front under garnish kit. Putting pressure on the side of the peeled back 3M double tape.

Step 4 :

Once seated onto the bumper nicely , carefully peel back the rest of the 3M double tape . Slowly press on edge of Under garnish to make sure the 3M double tape have adhesion to the bumper.

Viola !

Very nice looking! It is rather subtle, which is what I prefer. I don't think there is one (not even aftermarket) yet available that fits the 2016 US Spec GT model, however. Same for the rear underskirt...I always look at it and think how plain and rather plastic-y it looks compared to the rest of the car....(sad1)

Some of the accessory providers suggest using a hair dryer (judiciously) to help set the double sided tape. I've found it works very well.

Thank you, Anchorman! Will try to confirm that it fits the US spec GT...and shop around given the recent economic upheaval in EU.

felixd what are those at the bottom? DRLs? the only ones I have seen so far house in the fog light assembly, this is the first time I am seeing those - maybe it is the trim overseas - USA buyer here.

Back