M2 on RX8 18" wheels

:
Mazda 2
Howsit guys

Has anyone ever attempted or seen this setup before?
Considering throwing a set of the stock RX8 18" wheels on my M2

Really hate having after market wheels so..

Pros: it will be stock and its a sexy wheel (naughty)
Cons: its 5/100, Not sure if the offset is doable on the M2 and perhaps someone here could enlighten me on any other cons or maybe assist with a photosop image of what it would look like?
Google doesnt seem to have any pics (gah)

RX8.JPG

The biggest problem you will have to overcome is that the Mazda2 uses a 4-lug hub, and the RX8 wheels are a 5-lug wheel.

Yep, Thats the major concern but either drilling/changing the hubs or changing the PCD of the wheel itself should fix that
I wouldnt be too comfortable using adaptors, Never used them so not sure on how safe they are

Mess up is only the M2 comes 4/100 throughout the Mazda range in later years and I dont want an aftermarket wheel (headshake

Yep, Thats the major concern but either drilling/changing the hubs or changing the PCD of the wheel itself should fix that
I wouldnt be too comfortable using adaptors, Never used them so not sure on how safe they are

Mess up is only the M2 comes 4/100 throughout the Mazda range in later years and I dont want an aftermarket wheel (headshake

Pic that's your plan, good luck with that. If it was me, I'd look for a set of OEM 2001-2005 Miata wheels instead.

Never thought of those, Thats why I checked with the experts on here first but I'm in S.A and they're pretty scarce

You talking bout this wheel?

Miata.JPG

Back