Interesting Features now available

LOL
Build a BMW. When I was considering an M3 (E92), they retailed for around $57k...then I added the things I want (and I'm a minimalist type...) and it stickered at 70k. For grins, I decked one out, and I believe it hit within a few thousand of 6 figures.

Right. It's ridiculous and dumb as hell to do. Not to mention when things start going wrong, the cost of repairs are insane. Best to just lease those expensive luxury vehicles.

Right. It's ridiculous and dumb as hell to do. Not to mention when things start going wrong, the cost of repairs are insane. Best to just lease those expensive luxury vehicles.

Yep. It's a real kick in the sack for "pride of ownership" types like me, though, which is why I don't lease. I don't dispute that leases are better, I just get zero "enjoyment" from the concept.

Yep. It's a real kick in the sack for "pride of ownership" types like me, though, which is why I don't lease. I don't dispute that leases are better, I just get zero "enjoyment" from the concept.

Bingo. I would never enjoy my vehicle the same if I leased.

Same here, looking for a car for my wife and wanting something to pull a boat eventually, for 45K the F-Pace beats the CX-9 across the board.

I wonder if boat pulling will be a bit painful. It has the torque to get moving quickly, but I wonder if it will be winded in hills and passing while pulling all that weight. For comparison, the Explorer has a 3.5 L boosted engine available thats rated to haul 5000 lbs.

I wonder if boat pulling will be a bit painful. It has the torque to get moving quickly, but I wonder if it will be winded in hills and passing while pulling all that weight. For comparison, the Explorer has a 3.5 L boosted engine available thats rated to haul 5000 lbs.

I know nothing about towing, but I hear wheel-base is everything.

Holy crap... 45K? Id rather spend 45K and buy a BMW lol

I was going to post numbers but don't feel like it. Every SUV from Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc, their top trim levels top out in the mid to upper 40s. Mazda charging $45k isn't crazy. Go buy a BMW and START out at $45k. Then pay an extra grand for every little feature that comes standard on the non luxury vehicle brand. You'll end up around $55k. There is more to it that just saying Mazdas cx9 is $45k, and oh, so is a BMW.

LOL
Build a BMW. When I was considering an M3 (E92), they retailed for around $57k...then I added the things I want (and I'm a minimalist type...) and it stickered at 70k. For grins, I decked one out, and I believe it hit within a few thousand of 6 figures.

It used to be (in the US) that you take a stripped BMW then if you want packages (Xenon, sports suspension, navigation, ect.) add about 10k per package. Not sure what it is now. The best bargain are 3-4 year old BMWs because many are like new with lower mileage but outside of warranty. Just got to stay of your toes with maintaining an out of warranty BMW. Their engines/transmissions are robust. Its the quirky electrical stuff that seems to have gremlins.

It used to be (in the US) that you take a stripped BMW then if you want packages (Xenon, sports suspension, navigation, ect.) add about 10k per package. Not sure what it is now. The best bargain are 3-4 year old BMWs because many are like new with lower mileage but outside of warranty. Just got to stay of your toes with maintaining an out of warranty BMW. Their engines/transmissions are robust. Its the quirky electrical stuff that seems to have gremlins.

It's not that bad, but it is pretty absurd. Some BMW's are bulletproof, and some are total money-pits. I have had friends with both. I've never owned a European car, although it is on the bucket list.

It starts at 32k...

I was going to post numbers but don't feel like it. Every SUV from Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc, their top trim levels top out in the mid to upper 40s. Mazda charging $45k isn't crazy. Go buy a BMW and START out at $45k. Then pay an extra grand for every little feature that comes standard on the non luxury vehicle brand. You'll end up around $55k. There is more to it that just saying Mazdas cx9 is $45k, and oh, so is a BMW.

I thought you were saying it starts at 45K and im just stating my opinion. if i was going to spend 45k on a car it would probably be a luxury brand.

$45K is for the Top Spec Signature Model. $31,250 for the Base Model. And it sounds like it may not be a good ride if you are 6' or taller.

Just a data point. I'm sitting at my dealer now, and there's a cx9 GT on the floor. Asking price = $48k. Signature models will likely go for over $50k.
6547083044391f6e482108e94b9b1b3a.jpg

ba5ac9cf52b222e7e7d3342d41705700.jpg

...sent...

Just a data point. I'm sitting at my dealer now, and there's a cx9 GT on the floor. Asking price = $48k. Signature models will likely go for over $50k.
That's the price with all the unnecessary dealer installed accessaries for moe markups. I've seen people got a new CX-9 Signature for as low as $42,099.78 before Mazda Owner Loyalty $500 cash back and TTL in our CX-9 forum.

Be aware that for this SA-G turbo engine in new CX-9, you need to replace expensive spark plugs ($30.95 EACH) every 40,000 miles!

Last edited:
6547083044391f6e482108e94b9b1b3a.jpg

ba5ac9cf52b222e7e7d3342d41705700.jpg

...sent...

A mere $200 for fancy tire air! And 2k for some wax and scotch guard.

That's the price with all the unnecessary dealer installed accessaries for moe markups. I've seen people got a new CX-9 Signature for as low as $43+K before TTL in our CX-9 forum.

Be aware that for this SA-G turbo engine in new CX-9, you need to replace expensive spark plugs ($30.95 EACH) every 40,000 miles!

MSRP is $41k! At least the tag is honest. In reality, most of those vehicles will be under 40k.

MSRP is $41k! At least the tag is honest. In reality, most of those vehicles will be under 40k.
For Signature, MSRP is $44,015 + $900 destination charge = $44,915 if you choose an exterior color without extra $300 charge. Most buyers can get 5% off from the MSRP.

Yep, MSRP is way less, but care to wager how many people buy at the sticker price -vs- trying to battle for 5% off msrp? Stealerships are going to make a killing... That being said, it is a very beautiful vehicle once inside. I should have taken it for a test drive.

I sat in a signature during my last dealer visit. Not really in market right now but fit and finish seemed like something I could be comfortable with in low to mid 40's. Perhaps Mazda needs to revisit the Amati line?...it will take time but some need the brand name to justify the price.

Back