Taking the long way

AllezDada

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech, i Activesense
Do any of you take the long way sometimes?

I find that often I'll take curvy back roads to get from place to place rather than the highway, just for fun . . .

Definitely. Quieter ride, less stress, less traffic. Particularly in winter. The speed demons can slide all over the ice on the highways as long as they're not in front of me.

Absolutely. Plus for some of my drives, the "long way" (based on time) is really the short way (based on distance) and the time difference is minimal. Give me the road less traveled and if there are some twists and turns along the way, so much the better!

Another +1 here on this. But not necessarily the longer way, just the more fun way(back roads). I just get annoyed when I get stuck behind someone and can't fully appreciate putting the car into sport mode and taking some hard turns.

Every chance I get, yes. Especially in the CX-5. Never would have thought I would have so much fun driving a CUV.

My G35x takes corners really well but fun to take the CX-5 to near limits considering the vehicle type.

Amused by others who fall back either not confident in their vehicle (which is actually far more capable) or amazed that a CUV can take an aggressive corner. (My long long ago youthful reckless driving has given me a sense of limits :) )

Actually... many don't know what a CUV is so probably think SUV. Many in my circles don't even know the acronym CUV.

I find that often I'll take curvy back roads to get from place to place rather than the highway, just for fun . . .

I used to back when I drove fun vehicles. Now, I just get it done. Unless I want to see something in particular or enjoy the sights. I find the CX-5 rather punishing to be in, over-all, truth be told, compared to anything else I've owned except for a Sentra SPEC V. It was fun in its own way though, as if I wrecked it, it was disposable. I took risks, lol

Yes! I do it all the time. I've never before enjoyed driving a vehicle as much as I love driving my CX5.

All the time. 40 min of fun is a lot better then 30 min of boring. Just took a 2.5 trip yesterday that could have been 2 hr but I took all back roads.
The CX-5 is FUN

Back