2016 CX9 Owners Thread

The wrench indicator and red "Oil change due" message displayed in the right instrument cluster on CX-9 as the oil change reminder should be the same as CX-5's. You can go to Maintenance Monitor Apps in infotainment system and do the reset under Oil Change tab to get rid of the message. Better yet while you're there, change your "Fixed" oil change interval to "Flexible" to maximize your oil life up to 12 months or 7,500 miles for CX-9, and it keeps your powertrain warranty intact without unnecessary oil changes. You CX-5 needs to be in power on mode with all the dash indicators on without engine running to do the reset and change.

thanks i'll try that, but it's odd to me that i had an oil change done at 5000 miles at a Mazda dealership who should have reset that for me. pretty sad that they didn't.

Can anyone with V59 and Speed Warning confirm if the warning is stuck on +5 mph? I had mine set at +10mph, but I get the warnings at +5mph. Changing to 10 won't work and it goes back to 5. Turning them off doesn't work. I still get them?

SDL, it seems as though it is the same problem as losing the RPM gauge in the HUD. I had my warning set to 0 and cannot change it to anything else. Not 5, not 10. It is stuck at 0. I'm guessing yours is stuck at 5????

2016 CX-9 speaker white noise NEED HELP

Just picked up my new 2016 cox-9 GT. Radio muted. Nothing plugged into any inputs. Nav volume down...BUT Istill hear speaker noise. It's Like static or closer to a sound as if the volume was maxed without actual music playing. You can hear white noise.
Any thoughts?

i checked around online and this white noise problem is happening to a lot of Mazda owners and many attribute it to the Bose Amp. Also a Porsche forum had these complaints (I don't own a porches but it was a search result when googling Bose-Car-white noise).
So I tweeted both Mazda and Bose support, alerting them to this widespread issue that's forcing people to never drive their cars in fear of being soothed to sleep with white noise while operating heavy machinery. Hopefully that will get them scrambling for a solution. It's a real hazard, right? Right!

SDL, it seems as though it is the same problem as losing the RPM gauge in the HUD. I had my warning set to 0 and cannot change it to anything else. Not 5, not 10. It is stuck at 0. I'm guessing yours is stuck at 5????
Someone else, I think midnight rider pointed out that it can be changed if you double click with the commander wheel. I tried it and it does work, kinda. I set it to ten miles, but still hear the warnings at 5.

Just had my nav system checked out by the dealer. They updated to v59 and have an order in to replace the infotainment hardware setup which will hopefully get rid of the restart issue once and for all. There was also a TSB on creaking from the passenger rear suspension. They also have a spring on order which will hopefully resolve that as well.

To those that use a USB key for music, what's the best way to tag music so that the genre selector works? I've tried using itunes on a 32 gb thumb drive and it does not recognize the genre tags I've assigned. Thanks!

what's the best way to tag music so that the genre selector works? I've tried using itunes on a 32 gb thumb drive and it does not recognize the genre tags I've assigned. Thanks!

I find that mp3tag does a good job of tagging files, in general.

Someone else, I think midnight rider pointed out that it can be changed if you double click with the commander wheel. I tried it and it does work, kinda. I set it to ten miles, but still hear the warnings at 5.

Well I guess that is pretty useless then... hope they fix it in the next update, it works well in the Mazda3.

I have a 2014 Mazda 6. I've noticed with the new infotainment you can only turn down the music or mute it but you can't turn it off - is that right? I know in my car you can turn off the stereo. Maybe that's why I don't have (or haven't noticed) any white noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just rented a Mazda6 for a trip and found out the heater goes all the way up to 90. It warms up pretty quick and the air is hot! How come the 2016 CX-9 is only capable of going up to 84?

I just rented a Mazda6 for a trip and found out the heater goes all the way up to 90. It warms up pretty quick and the air is hot! How come the 2016 CX-9 is only capable of going up to 84?
What's the point? The car will heat up at full capacity until the set point is reached, then it'll modulate to hold that set point. There is nothing to be gained by setting the temperature high.

thanks i'll try that, but it's odd to me that i had an oil change done at 5000 miles at a Mazda dealership who should have reset that for me. pretty sad that they didn't.
At least they changed the oil. My wife took ours to the Bremerton, Washington, dealer, had an appointment, sat for an hour while they had the car, and all they did was put the oil change sticker on the windshield. She received no paperwork, no wash, got home, and the oil was dirty and a half quart low. I called and talked with the service writer. He looked up the record and found no records on oil or filter used. I changed the oil and filter myself and reset the monitor.

You get what you inspect, not what you expect. ALWAYS check the oil level before you drive the car away.

What's the point? The car will heat up at full capacity until the set point is reached, then it'll modulate to hold that set point. There is nothing to be gained by setting the temperature high.

I thought the higher you set it, the hotter the air that comes out? Hence reducing the time to reach a comfortable level. Are you saying that setting it at 84 vs 90 is the same?

I thought the higher you set it, the hotter the air that comes out? Hence reducing the time to reach a comfortable level. Are you saying that setting it at 84 vs 90 is the same?

If I remember reading the manual correctly it does not matter how high you set it. The car will automatically use maximum heating/cooling until the set temperature is met.

Back