How to remove chrome trim around air vent and shifter?

Scythe024

:
'16 CX-5 GT
So I saw recently that people were removing and replacing the trim of the side vents near the door because of the reflection blinding them. Well I am experiencing this with the center vent chrome trim. It's annoying when i get off work at 2 and it's blinding me in these two areas. Hoping to remove the chrome, paint or skin them, or even replace them if I can find a different trim. Is it possible to just remove the chrome part of the trim? or is it one piece with the area around it?

Shouldn't you tint your Windows instead? sounds like too much of a hassle

That would require me to tint the windshield. Obviously I could do just the top portion of it, but I think that looks ugly. I also am not a fan of chrome in general, so not only would it stop the glare, it would fit my style more too.

a bit, yes thanks. now just wondering if the chrome part is it's own part or if its part of the other piece.

You meant the thin long horizontal brushed-aluminium-look piece? I think it used to be piano black in earlier models, and somebody wrapped it with carbon fiber, so I think it's a piece itself, probably just snapped into the vents and dash to keep it in place.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123830141-My-Carbon-Fiber-Solution-To-Ugly-Dash-Trim

Back