Spacesaver Wheel

:
2022 2.5GT
Can any of you guys outside of the U.K. tell me what size spacesaver wheel you have. I'm just trying to make comparisons. Also, is the spacesaver standard in the US.

My Owners manual states that the space-saver spare tire is a T145/90D16 98M for m 2014 CX5 touring which has a std 225/65/17 tire. ED

My Owners manual states that the space-saver spare tire is a T145/90D16 98M for m 2014 CX5 touring which has a std 225/65/17 tire. ED

Hmm, well that's the one I bought as a kit but the owners manual says it should be a 185/80 17 which is two inches bigger in diameter and a pretty good match for the standard wheels.

Looks like the AWD version gets a larger spare wheel (probably to keep the AWD system happy):
ckeMLF3.png

One size for both fwd and AWD here in the colonies.
T145/90D16 106M on my 2016 GT AWD.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Its the rolling radius I’m concerned about. The supplied 145/90 16 is a good 2” smaller in diameter. That 18” might be a good option.

This is, what I have in my 2014 Touring. It is my subwoofer now.

Attachments

• 20141019_110416.jpg
    20141019_110416.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 175
I hate to think what the diff and the TPMS think of it!
;)

Wonder where did piotrek91 find the specs with T155/90D 18 spare tire size for AWD? I thought this bigger spare tire is supposed to be closer to outer diameter of road tires and better for AWD system!

OK, thanks. I guess mines right then. I hate to think what the diff and the TPMS think of it!

For FWD Owners Manual indicate to always mount spare on rear wheel even if you have to move a regular rear wheel to the front so the Diff & Traction Control does not see it but it will light up the TPMS, it is a temp spare...

For FWD Owners Manual indicate to always mount spare on rear wheel even if you have to move a regular rear wheel to the front so the Diff & Traction Control does not see it but it will light up the TPMS, it is a temp spare...

It would still light up like a Christmas tree on the back of a FWD because the VSC will go out of range. The electrical stuff can be reset but the diff cage will be a blur. I think I would use the slime for a regular puncture until I find a spacesaver a bit nearer the rolling radius. Good point though.

;)

Wonder where did piotrek91 find the specs with T155/90D 18 spare tire size for AWD? I thought this bigger spare tire is supposed to be closer to outer diameter of road tires and better for AWD system!

It's from the media "spec deck" for the CX-5:
http://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016-Mazda-CX-5-Spec-Deck.pdf

I'm surprised that you guys with AWD models still have the smaller spare!

It would still light up like a Christmas tree on the back of a FWD because the VSC will go out of range. The electrical stuff can be reset but the diff cage will be a blur. I think I would use the slime for a regular puncture until I find a spacesaver a bit nearer the rolling radius. Good point though.

I've had the spare on the back tire of my FWD CX-5 on two separate occasions and never had any problems with VSC. (just the TPMS light for obvious reasons)
I've read somewhere that using slime makes it more difficult for the tire shop to properly fix the puncture, so I would try to avoid that if possible!

Back