Noise from front of P5

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
My P5 is making a weird noise from the front of the car, but i can feel it through the floor while driving, if that makes sense.

A little background:
Recently my P5 ended up hitting a curb after hydroplaning during a storm. Impact was to the passenger front wheel and blew out the sidewall of the tire. After bringing it to the shop on the donut spare tire, guy said my lower control arm was bent and showed me, which it was. Ended up getting replaced and got an alignment with my summer wheels on, so everything SHOULD be fine.

Now the car does track very straight and does not vibrate, however at speed (particularly 55-70) there is this noise/feeling throught the floor and has been there since the incident. I almost want to say it sounds like the axle or part of it is rubbing something almost, it just doesnt sound/feel right.

Any ideas on what this possibly could be? Guys at the shop i went to didnt mention it or mention anything else besides the control arm being bent.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue with my old honda. Exact incident, and I bent the rim, cv axle, control arm, control arm stabilizer and I replaced to inner/outer tie rods for good measure. So check along those lines and make sure your shock is ok too. Could of bent something with the sway bar as well, just check and compare driver and passenger sides and see if you can see anything out of the ordinary.

I would've thought maybe alignment/repair shop would've noticed that other stuff since they had the car up in the air and thats how the control arm was noticed.

I'll look up wheel bearing noise. And to describe it better it sounds very muffled, obviously, but its more of a feeling than anything. I guess it sounds kind of like a clunking that inceases with speed, but is not super loud or obvious. The feeling it makes is more of a vibration as well through the footwell.

So looked into wheel bearing noises, and that seems way too obnoxious/obvious to be what it is. My issue seems way more subtle than that. The fact my exhaust is louder than it at certain rpms tells me it isnt a wheel bearing, but i could be wrong.

Maybe its going bad or not entirely bad so its not as loud? I really wish I could get a video of the sound or have each one of you ride in the car lol.

Have you tested the wheel bearing by rotating the individual front wheels up and down and then side to side to test tie rod ends? The exhaust thing doesn't sound relevant. It's usually louder at some rpms. Hopefully you can jack up the car and check it out this weekend.

Does it sound like metal on metal or metal on rubber?

1) The only problem like this that I've had with my p5 is the front swaybar bushing. The front swaybar would clank against the body near where the firewall and floor meet. In order to verify it, I had to put the car in the air and yank on the swaybar every way possible to replicate the noise.

2) The sway bar, axle, tie rod end, and strut all connect to the steering knuckle. Because there was impact to the wheel, I think you need to inspect all those things.

go back to the place you got it fixed and ask one of the mechanics to take it for a test drive for you. they will do it no questions asked. they would be able to tell you what it is pretty fast im sure.

I would but they already did a drive around and told me it drives straight and they didnt notice anything wrong..

Back