Mazda 5 Power window issue - same old story but .....

Mogsy

:
Mazda 5 Deisel
Hi everyone,

I am sorry to open up a new question on a often asked subject but after reading many answers to this problem I have yet to solve my issue.

So, here goes :)

My Mazda 5 (2006) has a power window issue.

The front passenger window will not open either by the door switch or the control switch.
The rear passenger window (behind the front passenger) works (not automatically though) using the door switch but nothing works with the control switch.
The driver's window and rear window work fine.

So I've done all the things suggested - tried resetting the windows following the down/up procedures (I even disconnected and reconnected the battery). The reset seems to work on the left side windows (as mentioned).
When I try the reset I hear the double-click on the left side windows. I hear only 1 click on the rear right window and obviously nothing at all on the front right window.

After sitting in the car for some time in hot weather feels like I went to some sauna :)

So please guys, I am hoping there is not some physical problem with the car and that some bright person reading this will offer me a great solution :)

thanks in advance :)

Mogsy

Sounds like you have to follow the procedure to reprogram the power windows. This is what the workshop manual says:

POWER WINDOW SYSTEM INITIAL SETTING
Note
Initial setting must be performed for the switch of each seat.
If the following operations have been performed, initial setting is reset, and auto up/down and two-step
down operation are disabled. Therefore, performing initial setting is necessary.
Negative battery cable disconnected or power window system power supply fuse removed (Perform
initial setting for the switches of all seats.)
Power window switch connector disconnected (Perform initial setting for the switch connected with the
connector.)
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Press the switch of each seat and fully open the door glass.
3. Pull the switch of each seat to the manual-up position to fully close the door glass, and keep holding the switch
up at the position for approx. 2 s.

TWO-STEP DOWN FUNCTION OPERATIVE/NON-OPERATIVE SWITCHING PROCEDURE
Note
The following procedure switches the two-step down function from operative to non-operative and vice
versa.
Door Glass Position Change Procedure.JPG

I hope this helps...

Back