Alex on Autos reviews the all new CX-9

A good alternative for people who don't know how to use birth control, yet who refuse to be caught dead in a mini-van, and can't afford a Suburban or the gas for one.

I agree with him, very good review. The cx-9 is little underpower, compare to V6 engine.

A good alternative for people who don't know how to use birth control, yet who refuse to be caught dead in a mini-van, and can't afford a Suburban or the gas for one.

There are people out there who have children on purpose you know.

I'm just glad they're including the LED headlights on all trim levels with this vehicle . Hope that transitions for to all their vehicles .

1 - This has a TRUE heads-up display system, no more plastic lens that pops up like the Mazda6 and Mazda3 have. Maybe this will make its way into the 2017 cx5???

2 - Going from 87 octane to 93 octane will gain you roughly 25HP. That's a significant bump and shows you how much these high compression engines can gain in HP with an octane boost. 91 octane will probably be around 20HP gain

The whole center console layout is really clean and organized. Looking forward to see the comparison tests.

1 - This has a TRUE heads-up display system, no more plastic lens that pops up like the Mazda6 and Mazda3 have. Maybe this will make its way into the 2017 cx5???

2 - Going from 87 octane to 93 octane will gain you roughly 25HP. That's a significant bump and shows you how much these high compression engines can gain in HP with an octane boost. 91 octane will probably be around 20HP gain
Yeah, turbo charged engines can take advantage of higher octane gasoline by dialing in more boost.

There are people out there who have children on purpose you know.

I'm just glad they're including the LED headlights on all trim levels with this vehicle . Hope that transitions for to all their vehicles .

Enough to require a 3rd row, that aren't living on the dole? Few and far between...

true true

Even my very affluent friends have smaller families (1-2 children) except in blended-family marriages where each spouse came with their own 1-2. These are people who don't have to work, just live very lavishly off of investments. The trend of successful, intelligent people, simply isn't "large family" anymore, by and large (Sure, there are exceptions).

I am reminded of a co-worker who couldn't stop getting my other co-worker pregnant. Out with the G35 (which he loved dearly), and in with the Honda Odyssey.

you want a REAL car review? Here:

Even my very affluent friends have smaller families (1-2 children) except in blended-family marriages where each spouse came with their own 1-2. These are people who don't have to work, just live very lavishly off of investments. The trend of successful, intelligent people, simply isn't "large family" anymore, by and large (Sure, there are exceptions).

Yeah I agree. Definitely different nowadays.

Yeah I agree. Definitely different nowadays.

One exception are my cousins. They have many children. I don't know how many as I'm not a family guy. Half a dozen I guess? They do not live on the dole, nor are they affluent, though. They do, however, have one lifestyle aspect that makes it all "click into place"...they are farmers. Actual farmers who raise livestock and grow food and live on a farm. THAT kind of lifestyle is what led to large families of good reputation and productivity in times past. Now the only families I TYPICALLY see with more than a couple of kids are those who have accidents, or who live on the dole. I don't know how old you are, jhu8, but I observe people a lot more than most who are my age (30), and I enjoy seeing their perspectives. I deal with populations from 1 week, to 100 years of age and greater. I get to see a LOT of things. Most interesting to me, is discussing how things have changed, with my older patients. best answers I've gotten so far:

"What do you like most?" (about the world today, as opposed to when you were my age) "This. Technology." (*gestures around hospital room)
"What do you like least?" "People are too fat."

I had to laugh. That one is one for the books. Older people call it like they see it.

Maybe I have fallen into the North American trend of buying larger vehicles than you need, but I would never size a vehicle purchase based on the exact number of people I regularly transport. I would not have purchased a CX-5 if I regularly needed to transport four people, I would go up a class to a three-row vehicle. I don't think it would even matter if the two rear passengers are adults or not, child seats are cumbersome and kids tend to get gangly as they get older.

Maybe I have fallen into the North American trend of buying larger vehicles than you need, but I would never size a vehicle purchase based on the exact number of people I regularly transport. I would not have purchased a CX-5 if I regularly needed to transport four people, I would go up a class to a three-row vehicle. I don't think it would even matter if the two rear passengers are adults or not, child seats are cumbersome and kids tend to get gangly as they get older.
I went from a coupe to a CX-5, and my family just consists of my wife and I (and pets). I'm 44, wife is 36, no plans to have kids at this point, or ever, everyone who knows us knows that. When I brought it home, our neighbors immediately started in on us that one or two carseats would fit really well in there. When I took it to work, I got the same response from my coworkers! I just wanted more room for myself, not for kids! It's larger than I "need" for my day-to-day life, but it's the perfect size when I do need to move stuff or people. My coupe, not so much.

Enough to require a 3rd row, that aren't living on the dole? Few and far between...
I know many people from large family's who are paying there own way. I attend church with a family of 8 plus two foster kids. The day before Thanksgiving last year they were asked to take 2 more foster children on a emergency bases. They did.
They have a vehicle with a 3rd row seat.

Back