HELP! Transmission oil leak and cold start rattle

killbox

:
2012 Mazda 2 Touring
I've currently owned my 2012 Mazda2 for about 11 months. I just realized it has a transmission leak (or so I think). After going under the car, it looked like it's been there for awhile.

I haven't seen this minor issue faced by others. Is it a common problem among you guys?

P.S. my car is in need of an engine mount replacement. Cold starts produces a loud noise and vibration. Also, a loud rattle around the exhaust pipes under the car during drives after the warm up. Could it be related in any way?

Cheers guys :)

I've not seen a trans leak yet. Got a good, clear picture?

I've seen several oil pans leaking, normally at the front or back corner near the transmission.

Rattling may or may not be related to the engine mount, get under the car with a soft faced/rubber dead blow hammer and start hitting stuff to try and duplicate the rattling with the car off. You'll probably find a broken head shield or something of that sort if it's what you describe it as.

I just realised that I haven't replied to this lol it was a leak on the sump, apparently the sealant on the sump was worn out, I decided to change the transmission fluid as well since it was due anyways

Latest posts

Back