Door Ajar light wire from BCM (2007 Mazda 5 GT)

kipghost

:
Mazda 5
Hi all!

I've installed a PKE/remote starter/alarm combo but I'm having trouble locating the door ajar wire that lights up the instrument panel cluster's door ajar light without removing the dash and cluster. I know there is a harness that sits on top of the BCM and powers the lights on the cluster/ignition, but I'm still having trouble a finding the dash ajar light wire when testing the contacts in the harness. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I would use the door trigger wires on the BCM but not all the internal doors switches are normally closed/opened that would be consistent for the alarm's door trigger input. Also, the delay with the dome supervision light going off also makes it not feasible with my setup.

Hi all!

I've installed a PKE/remote starter/alarm combo but I'm having trouble locating the door ajar wire that lights up the instrument panel cluster's door ajar light without removing the dash and cluster. I know there is a harness that sits on top of the BCM and powers the lights on the cluster/ignition, but I'm still having trouble a finding the dash ajar light wire when testing the contacts in the harness. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I would use the door trigger wires on the BCM but not all the internal doors switches are normally closed/opened that would be consistent for the alarm's door trigger input. Also, the delay with the dome supervision light going off also makes it not feasible with my setup.

no 'door pin' connection at the cluster. Have to use the door pins or the delayed overhead light.

door pins are a pain because you need 4 diodes and some 10k resistors.

or

you can find something like this --> http://www.drdetailshop.com/DITMAZDA.htm

good luck (I charge so much more when I have to deal with cars with these pins)

Back