skyactiv auto 6 drain and fill in Pacific NorthWest

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi,
Per my previous post, I want to do the drain and fill on my CX-5, but after emailing few dealers in Vancouver, Bellingham and Seattle area, no one replied.
Does anyone knows who does the drain and fill on CX5 in Pacific Northwest? (Greater Vancouver, Seattle or Portland)
Please let me know if you know of any.

I wish there was a dealer in Bellingham to ask. I bought mine at University Mazda in Seattle and a coworker got his at Mazda of Everett. We both were happy with the purchase experience, but our CX-5s are too new to have any shop experience.

The Burlington dealer just changed ownership, so I wonder if they would be more responsive to try and build up their customer base.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I actually did the drain and fill on my CX-5 last weekend. It's simpler than an oil change. Take off your bottom shield. I then removed my air cleaner so I had easy access to the 10 mm bolt that holds the tranny dip stick on. From there get back under the car and there is a hex key drain plug. Sorry I don't remember the size. Unscrew the plug and let the fluid drain. I got out 4 quarts. Replace the washer if so inclined and screw the plug back in. Replace the tranny fluid with new FZ and put everything back together.

My car has 50K miles on it now. It seems to ship better and quieter. I'm planning on doing another drain and fill at 75K. Good luck on whatever you decide.

How many bottles/quarts of ATF FZ to buy? Trying to find a place to buy it right now

I actually did the drain and fill on my CX-5 last weekend. It's simpler than an oil change. Take off your bottom shield. I then removed my air cleaner so I had easy access to the 10 mm bolt that holds the tranny dip stick on. From there get back under the car and there is a hex key drain plug. Sorry I don't remember the size. Unscrew the plug and let the fluid drain. I got out 4 quarts. Replace the washer if so inclined and screw the plug back in. Replace the tranny fluid with new FZ and put everything back together.

No filter change?

No filter change?

I am close to change myself as I intend to do them every 25K miles. Likely overkill every 25K miles but memories of paying for an AT rebuild as kid still linger. I plan to change the filter every 50K miles.

runtohell121 : IIRC... all AT changes have been in the 4-5 quart range. Med Center told me I could order if I called in. Unless you are bundling with oil change kits it might be cheaper to obtain from your dealer.

I wish there was a dealer in Bellingham to ask. I bought mine at University Mazda in Seattle and a coworker got his at Mazda of Everett. We both were happy with the purchase experience, but our CX-5s are too new to have any shop experience.

The Burlington dealer just changed ownership, so I wonder if they would be more responsive to try and build up their customer base.

Good luck!

I bought mine from Everett... I shot them an inquiry on the service with and without the filter.

Everett will drain/refill fluid for $129... they won't involve themselves with changing the filter though. A small independent shop may be your best bet for filter change.

Thank you kidis for taking the time to help me out. I did not want to do this on my own, so even drain and fill is gray. Thanks again

Thank you kidis for taking the time to help me out. I did not want to do this on my own, so even drain and fill is gray. Thanks again
Yeah Kedis82ZE8 is one of the nicest member here and willing to go extra steps helping many members.

How many miles do you have? I understand many people is not interested to DIY but want to keep up the good maintenance for their cars. I believe you do drain and fill only for your SkyActiv transmission once every 50K miles is a good interval. Thinking about changing the filter at next ATF drain and fill at a shop if you still can't find a dealer to do it at that time.

Hi
Thanks again for all . Sorry that my previous post have misspelling due to auto correction. I have 30000 miles but want to now and every 50000 thereafter.

Thanks

The transmission uses 4 to 5 quarts? So buy 5 bottles from Amazon? Or if anyone have any suggestions on where to buy the ATF FZ?

I just wish the pan used a proper full gasket and not gasket maker. I would be all in for filter changes with every drain/fill, but, I hate dealing with scraping and gasket making. I have ended up with too many leaks on jobs past.

That does make for some work with the task. A few other things mentioned in FSM

- To avoid damaging the control valve body, if there is a large amount of foreign material at the bottom of the oil pan when the oil pan is removed, replace the oil strainer with a new one.

- If there is not a large amount of foreign material at the bottom of the oil pan, the oil strainer does not have to be replaced.

- Always use new oil pan installation bolts when re-installing the oil pan because the oil pan installation bolts cannot be reused.

- Apply a light coat of silicon sealant (TB1217E or equivalent) to the contact surfaces of the oil pan and transaxle case.

- Torque 8—10 Nm {82—101 kgfcm, 71—88 inlbf}

I bought 4 quarts. Every site I have seen shows 3.5 to 3.75 quarts is typically drained out of the transmission with each drain and fill.

I've got some AT fluid on order myself. If nothing else shows up in regards to my ghost leak I will drain/fill AT fluid after next oil change later this summer. I'll be close enough to my 30k mile mark.

Back