Remap for Mazda 2 in the UK.

Cossamaximus

:
Mazda 2
Hello all,

So I am having my Mazda 2 remapped.

But where I have the job done is actually the question.
I have options. BBR in Brackley say for 600 they will do a full custom remap and achieve between 8 &12bhp. With smooth even power delivery and better torque. Possibly more depending on my.modifications. I believe they use a ECUTEK programme.

The other option I have is FR&RTUNING. They use ECUTEK too but say they haven't got a Base map using this software. So they will remap using their own system. They offer for 300 a 6 to 8bhp increase. With the same usable power delivery throughout the rev range and increase torque. But don't say much regarding anything extra for modifications.

Neither company will give me straight up answers as to why the prices vary so much. Just BBR are Mazda experts in the UK. FR&RTuning are basically a remap service.

I don't know what's best.

Any advice would be great.

http://www.dynotronicstuning.com

They do remote tuning. Basically as long as you have a laptop, you buy their cable and software(MazdaEdit) through them, you do datalogs while driving the car, send to them, they send you a new file that you flash to the car, then log again, and repeat until its done.

I'm going through the process on mine right now, and have once before on my old Mazda3.

On the 3 I did back to back 1/4mi runs with stock vs final tune file. It was worth 0.6 and 3mph in the quarter mile. Massive difference.

So far only fuel has been messed with on the 2 and its already a big improvement. The VVT and timing has been fiddled with on my latest file, just need to load it and log later today.

Last edited:
Okay, I have done some research and in the Mazda6 forums the reviews for Dynotronics aren't fantastic. I mean, how long does it take to get back the first file? I have read guys have waited over 45days.

Not only this, with shipping this come 329 which isn't bad, but is this a lifetime option? As in if I get a new mod, do I just log again and send off info for new file?

It varies on the turn around time of the files, depends how busy the team are....

Usually turn around of less than a week would be expected but could be more, weekends bank holidays etc...

I have the Dynotronics tune, the first file is your original but in "editable" format, you do the 16-20 miles driving to let the STFT & LTFT settle back down then do a data log of normal driving, town, dual carrage way & motor way then two WOT runs in third gear ( there will be that special road you know where you can do this ) from as low revs as possible to as high as you want ( i usually take her all the way up to the raised limiter i hacve now ) these are sent to Joe or one of the team and they play them back looking at where the fuel, ignition maps need tweaking...

They tweak the cam timing, mine had a pronounced kick at 3k as the cam came in, the car pulls from lower now all the way up, the cam kick is still there but not as noticable as she's already pulling hard from lower, the throttle is cleaned up and the responce sorted ( you can see how the original was damped if you twiddle it with your foot )

All this was done making the car more responsive and driveable with out altering the peak power, then we started to alter the fuel / ignition maps to get the zoom zoom up...

My current file is realy good pull, response driving, I run 17" daily to look good which kills the zoom zoom slightly but with the original 15" on when i go on track its like a go kart, realy quick accell and pull from a icle 1.3...

Shaun.....

Turn around was a problem a while ago. They have since changed their email service and I think hired more people too. I did experience slow turn around with my Mazda3... With the Mazda2 I've gotten files as soon as 25min later, and the latest was about 40hrs later after sending logs.

Thank you all for your input, it sound like a good option. Does anyone else on these forums have experience with Dynotronics and the Mazda 2. Also on another note, does anyone recommend the cork sport sway/anti roll bar?

Cossamaximus....

Cheers bud, she's slowly getting there but carnt go too mental as its the daily...

You got any pics ?

Shaun.....

Back