Great Tires

5zoom

:
08 Mazda5
Just wanted everyone to know that I have over 44k now on some Yokohama YK580's, which is further than I've ever gone on a set of tires on my van. Tire wear is one of the few downsides to the 5 and since I drive a lot it is very important to my bottom line. Stock size and rotated every 4-5k.

Interesting - I have Yokohama 580's on our 5 Sport and just rolled past 30k on these tires. They seem to be wearing fine (even and not too fast), but I'm not fond of them - they produce a mildly annoying whine at intermediate speeds (30-45mph or so). Performance is fine, but I've never had this level of whining from ANY set of tires.

Ours are 205/55/16. Maybe the 17" version is quieter.

JMJ

Good to hear. I had a set of those on my long gone Matrix and we currently have a set of those on my wife's 08 Civic. I can't remember a problem with them.

I've had 580s on my old Accord wagon, and I have them on my Volvo now. They were great on the Honda, but I have found that they fall safely inside the "passenger tire" realm. The 250 hp in the turbo wagon exceeds the limits of the Yokes regularly, and that's on dry pavement in good temps. Not sticky at all. But they ride great and make a good touring tire. On the Mazda5, I have Silver Editions from Discount Tire. Not sure if they are still made by Kelley Tire, but they ride well and I have never exceeded their grip - on the Mazda that is.

We had the same tires on our v6 Tribute and they had terrible traction in any wet weather.

That's the trade off for an eco tire.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back