MPes--- MSP

Almost forgot the coolant housing on the end of the head also has to be switched

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Find a donor msp, and pull harness, ecu and everything to make it turbo

Because i couldnt get the cooler lines locally and didnt feel like waiting

The hard metal lines? Gotcha, I used the ones off the stock motor and just got some bulk coolant hose at a parts store to replace the stock hoses.

Oil feed line? On my msp engine it has where.is plugs in built into the block. On the es engine it doesn't have anywhere to put it... no holes or anything. I'm. Stuck.

In the middle of my msp Mp es swap there's no like for the oil feed for the turbo on the es. How did people bypass that?? I don't know how to add pics.

Remove the oil pressure sending unit on the back of the block under the intake

There so as you can see there the msp has the machined holes and the mpes doesnt, so youre saying i dont need to use that oil feed? for the turbo. because i am using the turbo still.

Its the oil drain return tube that the holes werent made for, so i don't even see how it is swappable.

For the oil feed i used the feed line from the msp and tapped into the oil pressure sending unit on the back of the block. For the oil return i used the sandwich plate (plate between the oil pan and the block) for the oil return

For the oil feed i used the feed line from the msp and tapped into the oil pressure sending unit on the back of the block. For the oil return i used the sandwich plate (plate between the oil pan and the block) for the oil return

Did you tap into the block? and its weird the oil feed line bolted on no problem. its just the stupid oil return pipe.. did you see my pics? just so were 100% on the same page, i hadnt planned on drillin into the block..

You have to swap the upper oil pan/MBSP from the original block to the new one, that's where the oil drain is.

Alright so the cam gears are diff, so you'd mark the belt on the new engine and then swap the cam gears out? or do you need to swap the turbo belt and cam gears to the non turbo eng?

Cam gear timing wise are exactly the same there's just an extra little hump on the MSP gears that the cam sensor detects for firing. I marked my old belt and gears then matched up the msp gears and swapped them over. You will notice there are 2 positions the cam gear can go on. Pay careful attention to which notch its in the center of the gear

Set your timing with the old gears and belt, make reference marks on the cams and belt and one on the crank. Loosen the cam bolts. Then pull belt off, transfer marks to new belt. Pull cam gears off noting which slot the cams are in and transfer your marks on the cam gear to the msp gears. Line it all up and install timing belt. If you mark everything correctly it will all line up perfectly. Cam gears will move on you a hair but wont hurt anything as long as everything is lined up correctly

Back