2016+ CMU 55.00.760A upgrade available

I am suppose to be going into the dealer in the next couple days to have my headlights replaced. I will ask them about this update.

My system is now updated with the new software. I don't notice any differences. Hopefully setting up for android auto.

Also just updated. Didn't notice any changes.... But I did reapply the master tweak package and can confirm it works with no issues on this newer firmware.

Not sure if this is caused by 55.00.760A, iOS 9.3, or a Waze update, but whenever I have my phone hooked up with Bluetooth and try use Waze Nav and don't also have something like Spotify playing, the car treats all the Waze voice commands as phone calls. Is that right?

I don't use Waze, but Google Maps exhibited this same behavior on both my 2010 Mazda6 and now on my CX-5 (however, I rarely use anything but the OEM navigation, so not really an issue for me). But it was supremely annoying to hear the connect/disconnect call beeps for each turn direction, and then sometimes the first part of the directions are cut off as the connection is secured.

This is what mazda extranet says, sadly not much about what was fixed:

SERVICE ALERT Print
Date: 2016-04-01 Close
Service Alert No: SA-001260
Subject: MAZDA CONNECT SOFTWARE VERSION 55.00.760 AVAILABLE

MAZDA CONNECT SOFTWARE VERSION 55.00.760 AVAILABLE

Mazda Connect software version 55.00.760 is now available on MS3. Use this version for all MAZDA CONNECT updates, including OPEN SSP98 vehicles. If SSP98 is CLOSED, use TSB 09-022/15 to repair the vehicles.

Click on "IDS/Infotainment", then "Mazda Connect Updates" to download it. Update your USB drives according to the instructions in TSB 09-022/15.

Also make sure to select "All Files" for "Save as type:". If left as "Compressed (zipped) Folder," the file will be saved as a ".zip" no matter what you use as an extension.

ATTN: TECHNICIANS - Be sure to document the software version installed on the repair order and inform your Warranty Administrator to provide the information in the repair text of the warranty claim.

Mazda is working to make further improvements to the Mazda Connect Infotainment System software, and may issue future software updates to improve system operation and performance. Software version updates can be found on MS3.

Back