How to change a fan motor for 2011 cx9

kleyrn

:
mazda cx9 2011 grand touring
Good morning,

I have a 2011 cx9 grand touring and my fan has stopped blowing. The back is blowing and i believe that the front fan needs to be replaced. I checked the relays and the fuses but all are looking good. Does anyone have an idea how complex this fix is? I would love the show my husband that I can fix it without bringing it to the shop! Thank you for all your help
Hellene

I have the same question. My 2010 CX-9 GT front blower has quit working. It is not the relay or the fuse. I think the blower motor rusted out from all the condensation that accumulates in the fan housing.

Hello, My wife's 2007 cx-9 is having some issues. The front blower motor is intermittently kicking on and off. Starts fine then softer a while slows to a crawl or kicks off then randomly starts blowing again. Swapped the front and rear relays and still acts the same so I'm guessing it's not the relays. Is it possible the resistor is bad/dying? Or is the actual fan on its way out? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help/advise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Hello,
I have a 2010 CX 9 and think the blower motor is toast. Fuses look fine and relay is OK. Rear fan works. Have had the really annoying water sloshing around the dashboard issue, but after reading about the fix here, successfully used a shop vac to clear the drain plug. Took 3 separate times to get it done though. Would love to hear how to replace the motor and what to expect to pay to have it done. Also is it worth spending extra for OEM or will an aftermarket one work just as well for a fraction of the money.
Please advise.

My front blower (CX-9 2007) was not working well. Sometimes run well, sometimes it didn't start blowing until I set it to full blow.
I had the blower replaced by an original Mazda blower (done by the dealer) and since then no issues.
I've checked the old one and it shows that the old blower motor was rusty due to water from the clogged drain. (I've had water leakage 6 months before due to a clogged airco drain)
My choice to go for an original one was that I've found several messages on the Internet from people complaining about the noise level (volume) of cheaper blower motors.
All is working well since the replacement.

***** DO NOT HAVE THE DEALER FIX!!!!!

I had to replace the blower motor on my 2008 CX-9. It was a 10 minute job. I got the part from Carparts.com it was $82.00 shipped.

The panel snaps off under the passenger glove compartment. Then its 3 torx screws and a plug. Its harder to lay on your back and do the screws then change the motor.

***** DO NOT HAVE THE DEALER FIX!!!!!

I had to replace the blower motor on my 2008 CX-9. It was a 10 minute job. I got the part from Carparts.com it was $82.00 shipped.

The panel snaps off under the passenger glove compartment. Then its 3 torx screws and a plug. Its harder to lay on your back and do the screws then change the motor.
Thank you for the info. Very much appreciated[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Back