2008 CX-7 GT......w/ NAV ????

SalmonBlair

:
2008 Mazda Cx-7 GT
Hi All, Please Help !!!!!!

My wife recently wrote off her 2008 cx-7 gt w/nav. We used the insurance settlement cheque to buy another 2008 cx7 gt. The new one does not have the factory navigation system. So, I removed the touchscreen, one piece navigation unit from the written off vehicle. I have just installed it into the new 2008 gt.

So, as some of you likely know already - its not working. The touchscreen audio works perfectly, but the nav screen remains completely blank no matter what I try.

Through research, I read that all I need to do is get a DVD navigation disc and insert it into the receptor under the passenger seat. There is no receptor under the seat.

So my question is this.....is there any way for me to get the navigation working without having the dealer install the DVD receptor as well as purchasing a new disc? What is the cheapest "fix" to get the DVD portion working? I know the rearview cam won't be there, that is okay. I just hope somebody can advise me what my options are....

Thanks in advance for sharing!

- SalmonBlair

hahaha i never thought someone would do the same thing i did... i even have the rear camera to be installed, ... i have tried to get a dealership to sell me the wiring harness required for the Navi unit to headunit and they refuse, also, keep in mind that the chassis of the non-navi cx7 has the holes required to install the bracket for the navi/dvd unit, i have it all here just sitting and waiting to get it installed, i happen to have the wiring manual so i could technically build my own wiring, but i want the oem connectors to secure it safely... any thoughts?

I made the aux input for my navi with old computer connectors... see pic ( IMG_0085.jpg), this connectors fit perfectly onto the plugs on the back of the dvd/navi unit and the headunit...

Last edited:
Back