Speed 3 ride

ras

:
2008.5 MS3
I have a 2008 Speed3 that now seems to ride luck a bucket of bolts hearing noises front and rear every time I go bumps or uneven pavement. I know the car is not supposed to have a luxury ride, it is ok going down a smooth highway. Also seems to be worse when it is cold out, 35 or below terrible 55 or above not as bad, car has 107,000 on it and all original suspension. Could my struts front and rear be bad at this mileage nothing appears to be leaking. Any suggestion would help or if other people have noticed this as well.

I have a 2008 Speed3 that now seems to ride luck a bucket of bolts hearing noises front and rear every time I go bumps or uneven pavement. I know the car is not supposed to have a luxury ride, it is ok going down a smooth highway. Also seems to be worse when it is cold out, 35 or below terrible 55 or above not as bad, car has 107,000 on it and all original suspension. Could my struts front and rear be bad at this mileage nothing appears to be leaking. Any suggestion would help or if other people have noticed this as well.

FRONT SWAY BAR BUSHINGS

Same problems on Mazda3, Mazda5 as well.

CLUNKITY CLUNK CLUNK, sounds like it is going to fall off LOL...

Also the rubber in the swaybar bushing is cold and shrinks at lower temps making it worse...

If the struts and shocks are indeed still the originals, then yes, those are done too...

Last edited:
Sway bar bushings and end kinks, front and rear, are common "wear" items that need replacement when they get noisy. Good news is that the parts are cheap and easy to replace.

Back