Anyone add a sub and amp to a 2016 yet

Bludevlsi

:
2016 mazda 6 gt
I have a 2016 6 gt with bose. Im wanting to add some bass to the system. Anyone add a sub and amp yet. What did you use line out converter? I know some people have use a pac module in other model years and say it works even tho pac says it wont. Just wondering what others have done. Is the system pretty close to the same as the cx5 systems. I have seen a few people post up the upgrades done to those. Wondering if amp location and wiring is similar.

Thanks ben.

It is usually a good idea to use a line output converter. You can either tap at the subwoofer or better to go to the amp which is usually under the passenger front seat. This will usually have not only the outputs you need but a turn on wire for your aftermarket amp as well.

I have to say I was actually slightly underwhelmed by the 11 speaker bose system, I felt my 2014 cx5 with the regular sound system sounded better with more bass

They design and tune these systems at the factory for the vehicle they are in and the difference in speakers. You would be amazed on how well an aftermarket radio + sub woofers improves the sound of a non BOSE sound system versus a BOSE system.

Back