mazdaspeed parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicymazda0323

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I have a few things for sale. Turbo had 140 xxx when I took it off. Was running 6psi. Has no wastegate. Stock manifold has a crack. Also have the stock s pipe and mazdaspeed cover. Make some offers

Last edited:
Still for sale?

I have a few things for sale. Turbo had 140 xxx when I took it off. Was running 6psi. Has no wastegate. Stock manifold has a crack. Also have the stock s pipe and mazdaspeed cover. Make some offers

I was wondering if you still have the turbo?

Can you give me a quote for everything I need to turbo the car? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should probably do more research before buying parts, you will need more than the mani, turbo and lines to turbo an n/a protege. Lines will probably have to be custom as well, since the oil drain is in the mbsp in the msp.

Here is a good place to start - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123727772-A-Guide-to-Turbocharging-your-2-0L-FS

Last edited:
I've read that thing over a zillion times and I don't want to have to buy each thing separately so I was looking for someone who has turboed there protege already and is now just selling all applicable parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can agree with that, and that is what I did when I turboed my MP3. But the problem with using a stock msp setup is that a lot of the misc stuff is not useable in swap to the na protege. You will need to use a different oil and coolant line setup and a different intercooler setup. The main parts from the msp that I used were the manifold, turbo, downpipe, and msp ecu for engine management. Other than that, everything else was not in stock msp form.

From your guys opinion, what do you think my best option? not trying to be that guy, but you guys know the ropes better than I. and I dont want to get tangled and buy s*** i dont need or the wrong stuff and waste money that i dont really have to waste XD thanks guys

From your guys opinion, what do you think my best option? not trying to be that guy, but you guys know the ropes better than I. and I dont want to get tangled and buy s*** i dont need or the wrong stuff and waste money that i dont really have to waste XD thanks guys

I would buy the main stuff from the msp - mani, turbo, downpipe, ecu. Then would be looking to get everything else from somewhere else. There are oil and water line kits available out there that include all the fittings and tubing, then you just have to cut to fit and make your own lines. I would also be looking at either a custom front mount intercooler setup or if they are still available a msp specific fmic kit. I used an oil filter sandwich plate for my oil feed to the turbo and oil pressure guage, tapped the oil pan for the drain line, and used the coolant feed and return lines from the throttle body to feed the turbo.

I like the stock gt25, I think they are a good size for our motors if you are not looking to make huge power. And the quicker spool with the ball bearings instead of the journal bearings in the regular t25 I think is awesome since it cuts out a lot of the turbo lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back