transmission upper motor mount

wendy93089

:
2007 mazda5
hey dealer said i need a new transmission upper motor mount. Does anyone know where i can find this? they quoted me at $181.95. i tried googling it but each motor mount has a number attached to it so I'm not sure which one the upper mount is

There are 3 mounts. One visible on the passenger side. One on the drivers side, beneath the battery box. One in the rear on the underside behind the engine. At that price they're probably referring to the passenger mount, but you can get a good mount for less than half that price. http://www.rocar-usa.com/category.php?cPath=3&aiMake=MAZDA&aiModel=Mazda 5&aiYear=2006-2010
hey dealer said i need a new transmission upper motor mount. Does anyone know where i can find this? they quoted me at $181.95. i tried googling it but each motor mount has a number attached to it so I'm not sure which one the upper mount is

Um, doubt its the passenger side, since that is the engine side. The one below the battery supports the transmission and is up high compared to the other trans mount that is low and in back. Its a good 1 hr+ job for an owner doing it the first time. Requires removing the battery and plastic stuff, the ECU which piggybacks next to the battery, and some other stuff. Reassembling could have you scratching your head saying "why so I have this extra part - I know it came off the car!" The part is about $50 aftermarket, so TBT, I think $180 isn't half bad. They could have quoted $300 for the lower mount that seriously takes 15 min to change!
before you say yes, be sure it IS the one below the battery. The other 2 are a piece of cake to DIY. Like easier than changing spark plugs or flushing engine coolant.

Back