2016 Mazda 3 fm radio reception poor?

gregdpw

:
Does fusion
You would think being 2016 the radio reception would be okay in the new Mazda 3
Isport. My last car a Buick had fine reception. Just like every other car I have owned. But this Mazda is having a tough time with the strongest stations in my city. They are constantly crackly and fading in and out. I have turned the hd radio off becuase I would rather listen to some static than nothing. Is there any way to upgrade the attena? Or is this something with the radio in the Mazda 3?

I have a 2014 Mazda 3 that is the same way. It's the crappy antenna that's basically a conductive piece of tape on the rear windshield, and connects to wires in the ceiling. At least on mine it is. I live in a major metropolitan area with two large cities and many local radio stations. The problem I got is only with stereo FM, AM is fine, already low quality sound. I am planning on having a real antenna installed on the back of the roof, like some other Mazda 3's and many other cars have, after the warranty is up.

Do you have your speed-sensitive volume adjustment turned on? Turning this off improved the quality of the radio volume (stereo volume in general).

Back