New Split Second AFC install gone wrong???!!!!

Mazdapro5z

:
Protege5
Hey Guys....

So I just purchased the Split Second AFC PSC1-001 brand new from Split Second themselves. My good friend/master mechanic/wiring guru installed the unit for me via the third option of the install instructions. Which is Signal Modify Mode with an External Input Signal: Shows red wire to igntion switch which is by the pin out either number 71(white/black wire) or 97(white wire). He used pin 71(white/black wire) via T-tap.
Obviously black wire to ground, which he did via eyelid connector. Violet wire to MAF Signal Input ECU. The MAF is pin 88(light green/black). So he cut that wire and butt connected it to the section of the wire coming from/to the MAF. Then it says Yellow/Black to Tach Signal. Which is pin 21/22 (21 yellow) (22 orange/black). These two wires actually connect to one another or at least they were when he got into install. So he just connected to it via T-tap. Last but not least Green to External Input MAF. Again MAF is pin 88(light green/black. So he butt connected the Green wire to the other half of the (light green/black) wire going to the ECU. There were 2 more wires left which were Yellow and Yellow/Green. Since the instruction did show these wire connected to anything he just rapped them in electrical tape.

Car fired up after a couple turns of the key. Check engine light on. Car sounded and reved up fine. He went home for the night. I left work just a bit later after him and the car ran like s***. Went to take off from a stop light and car just bogged out and wouldn't move. I let up on the throttle and the car slowly picked up RPMS and speed.

Not sure if we used the wrong Install instructions or what? Should we have used one of the other install instructions? Like, Signal Modify Configuration Using internal MAP Sensor?????

Any help would GREATLY appreciated. I've been pulling my hair out for 3 days now trying to figure it out. I've been up and down GOOGLE and YOUTUBE. Not many resources available. I'll try to load some pictures of the wiring tomorrow.

Seriously??? F-me man... All I saw when researching was the PSC1-001. Damn.... Thanks hornsfan10609

Guess it's time for me to order up the PSC1-020

Well, I should be getting the correct one in tomorrow. Let's see how it goes once I get home from work. (rockon)

Back