First Mazda 2 - Stoked

xdphctv

:
Mazda 2 Sport 2013
I just need to share this with someone because I have very few friends. Three years ago I was hopelessly depressed and prone to life debilitating anxiety. I tried to kill myself a few times. Hated everything, mostly my job. I said **** it all and went back to College (I am very talented with technology but also very addicted to drugs, you might know how that can go). I landed a internship with the government (Healthcare IT) over the summer and during second year (lucked out because in Canada we don't get drug tested).

I was offered full-time a year before graduating but needed a car for the job. I didn't even have my license. I got my G2 with 4 hours of driving experience at 26 (I did have my G1 for 4 years, for I.D. purposes). This was good because I didn't have to wait my 1 year grace period. I was Twenty-*******-six for gods sake. I Borrowed my Uncles for the last 8 months, 98 Ford Windstar to get to work (I will miss you). I had graduated 2nd in my class with Honors (87% Average) so now I am making 48000k a year before taxes, pension, benefits and parking (38000k after).

Just copped my first Mazda (Second car but first one that is mine and not borrowed from my uncle). I ******* did it. I always hated cars because I couldn't afford one and wanted to make some excuse for my lack of motivation. Three years ago I was being helped by Doctors. Now I help those same exact Doctors with technology. Directly and indirectly. I'm not safe yet because well I am still addicted to a lot of drugs but I just realized how much working hard matters. I also have to pay off all this debt (40000) but **** it, Ill pay it off quickly to avoid so much interest. I was so afraid of debt I didn't take risks, It got me nowhere but high. I just blew money on stupid s*** to give my self a sense of fake happiness.

I had to pay my mother and fathers way through my late-teens to mid-twenties, they would be homeless right now, possibly dead if it wasn't for me. It took me a long ass ******* time but I finally did it! If I could tell the world one thing it would be this, "When you think you have life figured out and the everything collapses, trust me kid, its not the end of the world" --Sage Francis.

I am so surprised I made it so long without driving because now I love it and want to go do some mods such as rims, speakers(not subs), and painting my emblem, nothing over the top. This is an amazing feeling and I am sorry for making fun of everyone with nice cars. I was just jealous all these years!

Thanks for listening! I will try and post pictures soon. I didn't take any yet because I was to busy driving around all day. I know the Mazda2 isn't that fancy but its mine and I love it (The Mazda3 is to stationwagon-ish for me).

TLDR - Three years ago I was suicidal and going no where in life, went back to college, worked my ass off, landed a government job, got my G2 license with 4 hours of driving experience. Just bought my first Mazda2. I actually made something of myself. I just had to get this off my chest.

Last edited:
Pics or didn't happen.

J/k! Congrats on advancing in life, and having some roses to stop and smell. The 2 is a fun little thing. Good luck with the addiction issues. I have had my share of drug addictions, and others as well. Not an easy thing to overcome, but you feel like a super person once you do. Keep up the good fight and always look at the 2 as evidence of what you are capable of. Seriously, though, post a pic of it!

Shoutout to that! Good on ya man, and congrats on all the good s*** coming/to come!

There's some Mazda-specific cruises that happen when the weather gets better, it'd be nice to be joined by another 2!

everything in moderation...

EXCEPT HIGH REVS!!!

enjoy the 2 dude, I'm high on gettin my first new(ish) car too! peace, love, dope.

Back