2016 LED Headlight & Taillight Retrofit to 2015 w/tech

neonarc

:
2015 CX-5
Hi guys, new here, I just bought a used 2015 CX-5 S Grand Touring 4x2, same as Grand Touring w/tech package in USA I think.

So I got a contact that can get me cheap used 2016 LED head and tail lights, $150 USD each headlight. But he doesnt have them here and I would have to be sure before I ask him to bring them so I wanted to ask if they are compatible with 2015 w/tech package? I searched the forum but didnt find an answer to this but I see a lot of threads regarding aftermarket bulbs on 2013-15 so im thinking it may ot be as easy as plug and play if it is possible at all.

cheers.

for $300 it would be worth the risk. I do know they have sensor wiring that is needed for the adaptive turning and leveling but I'd assume they'll bolt up and it would be easy to power since you could just wire them up they all work on 12V

I'd want a set. Lol. I do know the pigtails are different for both head lights and tail lights are different then the touring

Adaptive headlights...Excellent!

Yes, bi-xenons are adaptive as well

With a combination of: return to Standard Time; living close to mountainous terrain (huge shadows), and naturally caused cloudiness not seen during other seasons;..........I have grown increasingly fond of the Adaptive front lighting. My 2015 GT has the H.I.D. version, and the adaptive front lighting is a HUGE upgrade.

The last vehicle I owned with HID's , was a 2004 Audi A4. It had auto leveling HID's, but I don't remember if adaptive lighting was even offered.

Additionally, I live in a newer part of the Reno, and somewhat outside of the City's light dome, and the lighting in the vehicle is so far superior, I could never go backwards. In fact, any new car purchase, from now on, would have to include either HID's (or LEDs) and adaptive lighting!

Cars offering lighting packages as described above, will now be the only new cars I would even look at in future purchases! The amazing part with Mazda's offerings, are the comparatively low prices charged by Mazda.

Last edited:
Hi guys, new here, I just bought a used 2015 CX-5 S Grand Touring 4x2, same as Grand Touring w/tech package in USA I think.

So I got a contact that can get me cheap used 2016 LED head and tail lights, $150 USD each headlight. But he doesnt have them here and I would have to be sure before I ask him to bring them so I wanted to ask if they are compatible with 2015 w/tech package? I searched the forum but didnt find an answer to this but I see a lot of threads regarding aftermarket bulbs on 2013-15 so im thinking it may ot be as easy as plug and play if it is possible at all.

cheers.

If you can get an extra pair for me with that price, I'll be the first to experiment.

If you can get an extra pair for me with that price, I'll be the first to experiment.
With such a low price I'd imagine they could be coming from questionable source. A friend of mine had 8 new roof top AC compressor units stolen from his business premises on the other day. Police caught the thieves later and they said the units had sold to others for $500 each! Each new compressor unit costs $6,000 to replace!

The last vehicle I owned with HID's , was a 2004 Audi A4. It had auto leveling HID's, but I don't remember if adaptive lighting was even offered.
No Audi didn't offer AFS in the US in 2004. Even right now your can only find AFS in high-end models from Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and a few others.

In fact, any new car purchase, from now on, would have to include either HID's (or LEDs) and adaptive lighting!
Same here. We special ordered a BMW 528i back in 2000 as there was none available in the US with the optional HIDs. One of the big reason we bought CX-5 is because it has LED lightings and AFS, whereas Honda CR-V doesn't offer these. I'm hoping our next new car will have even better Mazda i-ActivSense: Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)!

I would have never thought about getting AFS in the CX-5 had my G35x not had it. I quickly grew to appreciate the feature when I first got that car.

I guess the Tucker would be the first to have it with the middle cyclops light.

947904a708a73b45cc05aa03e12992d7.jpg

"The most recognizable feature of the Tucker '48, a directional third headlight (known as the "Cyclops Eye"), would activate at steering angles of greater than 10 degrees to light the car's path around corners. At the time, 17 states had laws against cars having more than two headlights. Tucker fabricated a cover for the cyclops center light for use in these states."

It's probably worth pointing out that there isn't likely any performance advantage to the LED headlights if you already have HID's. It's the trendy new tech, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the useable output of the LED lights is actually less than the older HID's.

So the deal on the CX-5 I was going to buy didn't go through. Here are some pics of the headlights. I guess the 2 main issues would be the connectors and the software that controls the leveling and adaptive functions. I'm tempted to buy them anyway and resell them if they don't work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So the deal on the CX-5 I was going to buy didn't go through. Here are some pics of the headlights. I guess the 2 main issues would be the connectors and the software that controls the leveling and adaptive functions. I'm tempted to buy them anyway and resell them if they don't work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

was it come with AFS function??? taillight 150usd consider quite cheap...

Those are the headlights. I imagine they are the leveling and adaptive as I have only seen them on the highest level trim here in Mexico. We don't have packages here, only trims/versions. The S Grand Touring is like US GT w/tech package. The i Grand Touring is like US GT wo/tech and no Navi either. Also, here only the S GT version gets the 2.5L engine, which sucks because the competition (Rogue, CRV, Rav4) all get the 2.4/2.5 engines in at least mid trim levels.

Anyone know if the connectors are the same as 2015 adaptive headlights?

I'll buy those tail lights and make them work
Do you think the software for the adaptive HID is compatible with the adaptive LEDs?

cheers

Back