Goodbye protege.....

00protegees

:
2000 mazda protege es
I was rear ended today, which in turn pushed me under a Mazda Tribute. Its totalled. I am pretty sad. Just got some great mazdaspeed seat covers from Jperera put in, just waxed it and put a full tank of gas in. I had recently put new control arms, tie rod ends, front and rear struts. It had a great stereo, carefully installed. Makes me wonder why even bother. None of that matters now, it'll all be in a junkyard /rant

Not sure yet. I might try to find an 03 pro5. This one will be an auto so my wife can drive it. I have a buddy that runs a dealership so he's going to search the auctions for me.

P5s are a dime a dozen around here, should be able to find one easily. Even MSPs aren't hard to come by at all, makes it a lot easier/cheaper to start with all the mazdaspeed goodies than buy them one at a time.

Yeah I thought about picking up a msp. There is a spicy for $3500 local to me. I'm 28 with a baby on the way lol. I need to be practical. I wish I could find a titanium like yours though. I'm a broke, full time student too, so that doesn't help. I really like the mazdaspeed6. Awd with 270hp sure sounds fun.

I guess I should say it hasn't been officially totaled yet, but it will be. The body shop was at $5200 in just the front, he didn't bother estimating the rear. But the whole trunk floor is pushed in. On a $2500 car it won't take much. It had 175,000 but it was clean, no rust. Very rare for a northern climate car. The bumper/radiator support/ both fenders all need replaced. A side shot shows it better

I'd like to say "that'll buff out" (it's a Jeep thing) to lighten the mood; sorry about your Mazda and hope you're able to find another.

Bump up to a Mazdaspeed 3 - hatchback for the family and 260 HP for when the family is NOT in the car!

It went to salvage yesterday. Got a great payout on it though. Much more then I expected. Buyback was only $350, so I thought about it, but it's time to move on. I really don't care for the speed3s, to be honest. Just don't do it for me. I'm looking at getting into an 02/03 maxima. They are old enough to be cheap, big enough back seat, and a 255hp V6.

I was rear ended today, which in turn pushed me under a Mazda Tribute. Its totalled. I am pretty sad. Just got some great mazdaspeed seat covers from Jperera put in, just waxed it and put a full tank of gas in. I had recently put new control arms, tie rod ends, front and rear struts. It had a great stereo, carefully installed. Makes me wonder why even bother. None of that matters now, it'll all be in a junkyard /rant

Stupid question: Do you know where the car is now? I liked the wheels!

Here is sort of a better view of the wheels. Dont mind the motorcycle on back, it doesnt look like that anymore. (rofl2)

Here is sort of a better view of the wheels. Dont mind the motorcycle on back, it doesnt look like that anymore. (rofl2)

I'm sorry for that accident. Both the car and the bike look nice to me. So I assume with 16" wheels you did not have any sort of rubbing? Do you recall what the width of the tire was? This was either a 99 or 00, right?

Best,

I'm sorry for that accident. Both the car and the bike look nice to me. So I assume with 16" wheels you did not have any sort of rubbing? Do you recall what the width of the tire was? This was either a 99 or 00, right?

Best,

Yes, a 2000. I ran a 205/50/16 tire with no rubbing. Pretty sure that is the stock tire size on the later ones that came with 16" standard. Those are 5 bolt and as I'm sure you know, the 99/00 are 4 bolt.

The 205/50/16 is also OEM on a lot of focus's and other cars so its a pretty popular and easy tire size to find as well

Any honda, vw, mini use 4x100. The Honda Fit's use a fairly nice looking 16" that can usually be picked up cheap. And there are a ton of 16"-18" mini wheels all over Craigslist that can be picked up cheap too.

Any honda, vw, mini use 4x100. The Honda Fit's use a fairly nice looking 16" that can usually be picked up cheap. And there are a ton of 16"-18" mini wheels all over Craigslist that can be picked up cheap too.

Temptation did its job and I bought these rims: https://denver.craigslist.org/wtd/5413163677.html

Now, I was wondering if I could run 205/55 without any problem. They're more abundant and I found better deals on them than 50's.

You probably could get away with 205/55, but I don't think I would. The 205/50 are already taller than the stock size. I would try t stick with a 205/50. They're not as common but still out there.

Thanks for your advise. I just wanted to double check and finalize my decision on tire sizes with you. Based on my search your R94 wheels have a 48mm offset whereas those that I got (Toyota part number: 4261152830) have a 51mm offset. Wouldn't that 3mm cause any rubbing with 205 tires? Rubbing is my only concern :D, I hate it!!

Back