Car Starter installed - multiple issues airbag, button,illumination, 4WD, head lights

spins49

:
Mazda, CX-5, GS
Hi there,
Trying to narrow down the issues observed after my first car starter installation. I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 GS, it was installed by a certified installer. The starter is a Nordic Start 1-way remote starter (NS1000CA). I'd like to go back to the shop equipped with some knowledge so I don't go in blind.

The car starter installed works fine it seems, with respect to starting the car, locking and unlocking the doors, etc. The issues are the following:
- 4WD light remains on
- interior console buttons do not light up (A/C, radio controls, left console buttons next to steering wheel - awd, TCS, etc). All stay dark
- air bag warning light is flashing
- head lights only turn on when i place to the manual setting, auto does not work
- when I use the key fob (not the car starter, but the original Mazda key fob) to lock the car, it honks after I press it twice, but the lights do not flash like they did before the car starter install.

Lots of issues, all minor with respect to the car functioning, but lots of issues combined to say the least. Going back tomorrow to finish the install after the installers talk to Mazda, but I would like to be equipped with trouble shooting knowledge.

Anyone seen anything like these problems before? They seem to be electrical in nature.

We have checked the fuses, and they are all tip-top condition. No visible issues, and all conducting properly when tested.

It sounds like the body control module might have been shorted out, or the remote starter installed incorrectly...

FYI in case anyone else runs into the same issues of a functioning car starter, but malfunctioning features - turns out the installer used a 'diode' that only passed signal one way. He switched it up and all was good as-is. Luckily a simple fix.

get fortin mazt1 with the flashlink and install it yourself. that is what i did but didnt know about this site. i would have posted up a how to on installing it.

edit. if anyone need help on installing this just hit me up. ill post the picture on where to locate all the wires as well as programming the remote and software.

Last edited:
Back