What do you put in the cubby above the hood release?

raystafarian

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 Sport FWD Auto
Just wondering, what do you all put in this little pocket? I can't find a use for it.

21728179660_b19117abef.jpg

Wish someone would tell me a use for it. It's really not deep enough to hold much.

It's pretty useless due to the lack of any rake towards the back of the cubby. I wedge my bifold money clip in there but its not really ideal.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I could put my keys there however I like the center storage area for that.

Its where the nav unit fitted on the tom tom cars, its not seriously intended to be used for anything I would think.

I've been using it to hold quarters for parking meters. I usually keep 8-10 quarters in there.

Dental floss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(yawn)
Who are all these people flossing and driving? That sounds even worse than texting and driving.
(boom01)

On my 2015 AWD, Anything I put into the cubby before the NAV install was ejected upon launch.

I really am shocked that Mazda did not do something with this leftover appendage on the 2016 models, as now there is really no purpose for it.

The best thing I can think of is to attach a plastic door to the cubby to give it a lid.

Or perhaps mold/3D print an item that would push into the cubby to enhance the usability.(stoned)

Back