fatcat bumpstops

eyeballs

:
2012 Mazda 2 Touring SG 5MT
If anyone has used these I'd like to know which version (the rears are available soft and firm) and how they affected the car. I'll likely be swapping springs soon and am trying to decide whether to spend money on the FCM stops or just cut the OE units. Also, if anyone used something else with a lowering spring feel free to chime in.

For the rear just cut them right below where the dust cover mounts. They are really soft so they aren't harsh.

When I had lowering springs I had FCM front bump stops in the front with cut rears. It was better than stock bump stops, but I wouldn't do it again though because they cost so much. When making my coilovers I ordered the ones from ground control.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=10

Much cheaper option than FCM. I ordered one set of each (still cheaper than one set of FCM) so I can compare them later . At RA possibly. I am hoping to lower the car some for RA and I am going to see how it takes the curbs with each one.

I used the stiff/linear GC stops with a coilover setup on my last miata, and they worked great. I had way stiffer springs though than what's going to go on the 2 (h&r or eibach). Maybe I should try the soft/progressive.

Back