Rear Vents

siuhong

:
Mazda Cx 5
Has anyone had a go at adding rear vents to their Cx 5?

It's a shame Mazda did not include them. I wonder if you can mod this by using ductwork and vents from the Mazda 6 ?

There are vents under both seats that deliver heated and cooled air to the rear of the cabin (in addition to the air that naturally travels rearward from the front vents).

I think adding more vents than this would reduce flow to the front vents and would not be a simple under-taking. IMO, adding additional rear vents would not be worth the time and effort for any negligible advantages that might be gained.

I have done this recently when I upgrading to leather seats and put seat warmer in, I thought I might as well add vents since everything is coming apart.

Like Mike said it wasn't worth the effort, as this would required a bit of fabrication and cutting/trimming parts to make this work.
I
IM

Attachments

• vents1.jpg
    vents1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 469
  • vents2.jpg
    vents2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
I have done this recently when I upgraded to leather seats and put seat warmer in, I thought I might as well add vents since everything is coming apart.

Like Mike said it wasn't worth the effort, as this would required a bit of fabrication and cutting/trimming parts to make this work.

Looks good. Electronic too!

No, those buttons are seat warmer for the rear seats, the vents are tapped into ducks underneath the seats and run thru the center console.

No, those buttons are seat warmer for the rear seats, the vents are tapped into ducks underneath the seats and run thru the center console.
Oh lol. 2016 I'm guessing. Didn't know you could get heated rears on a cx-5. At least in the US it's not something you can get MY 2015 or older.

Oh lol. 2016 I'm guessing. Didn't know you could get heated rears on a cx-5. At least in the US it's not something you can get MY 2015 or older.

You can NOT get this option from mazda, my cx5 is a 2015 sport. I installed aftermarket seat warmers and buttons when doing the leathers from katzkins.
I
2hy9nok.jpg[

Last edited:
Wow jaged nice job. Could you provide a walk though on how you installed the vents and seat heaters....

That does look good!! No one ever rides in the back of my CX-5 or I would consider this at some point.

Back