Best aftermarket radio replacement?

maillemaker

:
Mada2
I have a 2011 Mazda 2.

I'm interested in a replacement head unit/bezel that gives a touch screen and has an integrated USB port for a jump drive for music. I also want the stock steering wheel controls to work.

What is the best solution these days?

Thanks,

Steve

Buy the bezel, pick the radio, wire in steering wheel control interface. Best is relative, go to your local car audio place and poke the display models.

Hello Steve! Check also Pioneer head units, before you make the final decision https://www.carid.com/pioneer/ Their products are one of the most popular among aftermarket stereos and offers you everything you need - MIXTRAX, Bluetooth, Siri Eyes Free, USB Playback, Pandora and Android Music Support, and many other great features.

Last edited:
Hi Carid,

I have already bought and received a 2013 Mazda 2 stereo. It supports USB. Now I need to figure out how to wire it into my 2011. I'm not sure which wires on the back of the 2013 HU correspond to what on the 2011 HU.

Steve

3ca22102db8fce59f95c40bfab1d94a7.jpg
just installed Pioneer AVH-280BT.

Sent from my LG-D400 using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 Mazda 2 and want to replace my unit without spending a ton of money. The place who put in my old Kenwood from my old car and that has put in 2 car starters for me Extreme Auto sound only carries Pioneer and Kenwood. I want my Sirius radio back my old Kenwood had a 3 line display but anyway I read some can do my Amazon prime Music I'm guessing with streaming but will it show up on stereo the song and artist? I like this Pioneer and am debating what to do the cheapest touch screen they had was a $319 Kenwood and for $199 their was a nice non touch screen one. I was told it would override my OEM BT I had put in and it would cost like $150 extra to do the steering wheel controls including this adapter. I have a touring BTW. But your Pioneer looks cool and I like it. I asked if they carried that model they said no but I found it on Amazon for $169 and their cheapest Kenwood touchscreen was 319 model DDX393 I took a picture of it and the non screen one DPX592BT. I asked if I could buy the pioneer off Amazon and they said yes but the labor cost more if you don't buy from them. And I don't think I know anyone who could do it themselves. Right now I am using Sirius on my phone and I like Sirius and want it back in my car so I would have to buy the head unit the sirius tuner the harness steering controls not sure what else. Was hoping to get everything done for like 500 600 max. Not sure If I can.

Anyway can you tell me how you like this Pioneer and how well does the BT work? Pioneer/Kenwood does anyone else have a preference? I am going to see how much the Kenwood touchscreen is on Amazon. But the one you posted above the Pioneer 169 sounds good to me. I won't be upgrading my speakers that's too much money right now. My husbands Mazda 3 has the 9 speaker bose system his is nice. Anyway just wanted opinions but I do think I like touchscreen better but doesn't have to be if price was right and it had features I wanted. Thanks! Rose

3ca22102db8fce59f95c40bfab1d94a7.jpg
just installed Pioneer AVH-280BT.

Sent from my LG-D400 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I know this thread is a little old but I liked the Pioneer in the picture above. But I got a different model. I had OEM bluetooth put in from the dealership but I'm getting a Pioneer model number 2800 BS and it's going to have Bluetooth and I will use that instead. I had to buy a steering wheel control adapter but now everything will work from the steering wheel. And they matched Amazon's price of 205 it's sold for 299 at Best Buy and they matched the Sirius tuner for 36 bucks. So I'm happy they did not have the mount kit in stock I had to order it online and as soon as that comes in which should be close to the end of the week I have an appointment for a week from today to have everything put in. I really hope I like it it's equipped to get the back camera but I don't know if I'm going to do that. But for paying $205 I was happy in my old car I had a Kenwood. But the guy from Crutchfield said he thought the clarity of the Bluetooth was better on pioneers.

Last edited:
Back