03.5 Center Console (Better Cupholders) and Trim Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp5la

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
EDIT: $100 shipped. Boxed up and ready to go.

This is the 03.5 center console. Get rid of your flip top cupholders that never work. To do the upgrade you need the entire console and the cup holder piece (all of which are included). Everything fits right in place of your old pieces. You will need to re use your ebrake plastic piece, the square piece at the back of the console, and your console lid.

I'll also include several custom painted interior trim pieces that match the center cup holder. These were painted by the individual I bought this from and look great. Included will be the radio surround, window switch trim, and door handles.

Looking for $100 plus shipping for the entire package.

Last edited:
You definitely do NOT need the whole centre console to do the cupholder upgrade. You'll save a ton on shipping by ditching that.

Ill have to back up nick not cuz hes a fellow skater but because hes right. The cupholder can be replaced alone without the whole console for sure ive done it myself when I did a full interior swap. twice. i'll provide pictures showing first one then the other type of cupholder in the same console if needed. I happen to have two proteges and I swap stuff out all the time.

Either way this is a bargain for all the other stuff that is included for $100.............go ahead and try to dispute that.

Either way this is a bargain for all the other stuff that is included for $100.............go ahead and try to dispute that.
I wasn't trying to dispute anything, just saying it's not necessary to get the whole console. Why would you pay to ship the whole console when you don't need it?

IF whoever buys it doesn't need it......maybe they do, maybe they don't, maybe they'll take the bargain and sell the console for what they bought the whole package for, who knows, great deal either way. Buyer's decision...................

I'll post here since same seller and mods like to close for sale threads before people get their purchase. Sale is not completed until that happens so I don't get closing thread before buyer posts back up or maybe 2 weeks goes by or somethin like that. I understand clearing clutter but giv a brutha a chance at least, lol...........Anyway, CDM armrest/cupholders received. Thanks OP.

^They were probably the 02.5's. That's what I have and they changed some stuff mid year, like the cupholder.

This stuff looks super clean the way it's painted, GLWS!

I have an '02 with the '03 cupholder... in the original '02 console. It literally drops right in.

Yeah, with a gap at the front

IDK what that mess up there is but the 02 and 03 consoles are different. As you stated, the front of the 03 console is higher to be flush with the cup holders, the 03 cup holders will sit above the 02 console and create a gap. I mistakenly bought an 02 console at the Junkyard for my 03 and had this exact problem.

That's weird.. I never heard of the center consoles being different. In fact, I dropped in an 03 cupholder into my 01 MP3 without any problems. Perfect fit, no gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back