2016 Seat Heaters

ok so no comments can come in from the owners who are satisfied?...or did I make a mistake in being repetitive...? If I was repetitive I apologize...

My 2015 heaters...

Seat heaters are very much like color, music, and opinions...subjective....

My seat heaters are perfectly fine...

My 2015 seat heaters take a while to get hot, but do a fine job as well! Another plus is how fast the CX-5 engine WARMS UP FOR HEAT!
Ging to get really cold in the next few days...Heaters to max!(bow)

ok so no comments can come in from the owners who are satisfied?

No. Satisfied people can only make their happiness known one time. Then STFU. People who aren't happy with any feature are authorized to post about their dissatisfaction endlessly. You didn't know that?
(rofl2)

The BMW X5 has really hot seat heaters and at top level it becomes TOO HOT to the point it burns your back and makes you sweat. It's really overdone and it has to be turned down to a lower level to make it comfortable.

That's why the CX5 heaters are just right. Not too hot and they don't burn and make you sweat.

The 2016 CX-5 seat heaters do the job for me. They do feel to be weaker than my 2004 TSX, but not enough for me to think they're not working the way they should. I think the true test will come when I ask the wife how she feels about the seats (she's always cold).

As others have mentioned, this is really subjective since I don't think anyone has actually conducted any measurements.

That's why the CX5 heaters are just right. Not too hot and they don't burn and make you sweat.

Yeah I agree with this. I gotta say, our CX5s must be a pretty damn good cuv if one of the main "problems" that everyone is upset about is that the seat warmers don't get hot enough lol. I'll take that any day compared to many other cars and actual driving/mechanical issues problems.

Yeah I agree with this. I gotta say, our CX5s must be a pretty damn good cuv if one of the main "problems" that everyone is upset about is that the seat warmers don't get hot enough lol. I'll take that any day compared to many other cars and actual driving/mechanical issues problems.

You guys are hilarious. What's with the inferiority complex? People have said that they love the car but that the heated seats are a joke. This thread shows that this is certainly something that is lacking, particularly for those in colder climates.

Doesn't take away from the car. But it is the weakest spot that I've seen thus far (and vent power.)

You guys are hilarious. What's with the inferiority complex? People have said that they love the car but that the heated seats are a joke. This thread shows that this is certainly something that is lacking, particularly for those in colder climates.

Doesn't take away from the car. But it is the weakest spot that I've seen thus far (and vent power.)

Wait so just because the majority of the thread feels the seat warmers underperform, there can't be some who are satisfied with the seat warmers? It's a subjective opinion so really it doesn't matter. I came home from work this morning with the temperature in the upper 30s and my behind was very toasty. I had to turn it down.

At first I thought they were just ok, but it wasn't that cold outside. Now that it is a bit nippy outside, they feel much better. Not burning hot like my BMW, but within a few minutes I feel the warmth. As long as they take the chill out of the seat I'm happy now.

jjp

This is my first vehicle with heated seats so I cant really compare. (2016 CX-5, GT) however this morning it was 27 degrees F. Seats were warm within 1/2 mile and in about 3-4 miles had to cut them back to one bar. I'm very happy with them and will NEVER own a vehicle without them again

I think the yeasayers are missing the point here. Seat warmers are subjective, that's why you have three levels of heat settings. While the good heated seats like BMW's may be too warm for certain people at hottest setting, they can always turn it down to level 2 or 1 to make them comfortable. But on CX-5, you almost have to keep it at hottest level 3 setting all the time to feel the warmth. For those who want more heat, there is nothing they can do! Besides, you can have the heat a lot quicker on BMW's or VW's with hottest setting, then turn it down after a minute or two!

Mazda apparently knows this problem and made some changes on new CX-3:
The heated seats in the CX-3 embarrass the CX-5. I had a 2013 CX-5. I didn't mind the seats on it as I tend to not use them as much as other might, but my wife always complained that they don't heat up as well as other vehicles we've owned. No complaints with the CX-3. In fact, she actually turns them down after a while. That NEVER happened on the CX-5.

I got to use mine for the first time today. I have no complaints about the heat. It's just right for me. But, it took too long (10 minutes or so) for the seat to reach that level of heat under the Max setting. I don't like that.

26 Degrees here in Boston this morning, my wife liked the seat heaters and asked me to turn down the heat overall...that's a first..
I'm out..

Last edited:
Used the seat heaters for the first time yesterday. It was in the 20's here. On the highest level, they were very warm, in fact a little too warm, so I turned it down to medium and that was just about right. I have no problems or complaints with the seat heaters based on one day of use.

What I notice is that the seats vary in how hot they get at different times. I've been working nights and when I go to work around 7p, the seats don't really get that hot. However, when I leave in the morning they feel very hot, and kinda sting so I have to turn it down. But not just under these circumstances, I feel they are inconsistent, but have the potential to get hot.

Now, is it possible at night with more power being drawn for all the lights and what not, less power is going to the seat warmers? And in the morning, less power is being drawn elsewhere so the seats become more hot. I am NOT an electrician and have very little knowledge so someone please tell me if that is an idiotic idea lol

I thought of it cause my old elantra, I would read in the forums about people who installed hids and they wouldn't stay lit because the power draw they required and the car couldn't put out enough.

Same with my 2015...

Used the seat heaters for the first time yesterday. It was in the 20's here. On the highest level, they were very warm, in fact a little too warm, so I turned it down to medium and that was just about right. I have no problems or complaints with the seat heaters based on one day of use.

My 2015 does the same thing...I have learned to anticipate the rapid rise in heat in the later stage of heating and turn them down a bit before they become uncomfortable. Usually the temps moderate and become comfortable w/ 2 leds lit. No big deal for me, and certainly nothing to complain about.

Better warm up thoser heaters!!!

I used my seat heater for the first time today. I have no complaints at all.

Glad your are ok...as are my 2015's! That winter storm that passed thrum Reno today is a really COLD ONE!!As in lower single digits!

For those not so lucky...better drag a cord of wood into your CX-5!!!(cryhard)(cryhard)(cryhard)

Latest posts

Back