S'Long to the '10 Stormy Blue Sport

drchuck

:
2015 CX Touring
Seemed pretty strange to pull of a lot, and leave my baby sitting there. Never stranded me, never much trouble - just that dumb gas cap light. Nosed out into traffic in my brand new white Touring model!! Immediately noticed the difference in the exhaust note over the '10. Also noticed a difference in the ride - however this is a touring versus sport ride. More as we see how it goes. Nice thing about it is having 5 years experience, so we know how it should go!!

Last edited:
Seemed pretty strange to pull of a lot, and leave my baby sitting there. Never stranded me, never much trouble - just that dumb gas cap light. Nosed out into traffic in my brand new white Touring model!! Immediately noticed the difference in the exhaust note over the '10. Also noticed a difference in the ride - however this is a touring versus sport ride. More as we see how it goes. Nice thing about it is having 5 years experience, so we know how it should go!!

Just out of curiosity, was there a particular reason why you went with a white color after having a dark color? I've notice from many friends and co-workers that they switch to a light color after having a dark color car. Just wondering if main reason is the upkeep of a dark color that motivated then to switch to light color.

i am one of those people.

black looks so nice when it is new and clean. it just shows dirt and scratches so quickly. my wife always liked black so we bought her a new black car once.

we own nothing but silver now. (mazda's version of silver for 2011)

Just out of curiosity, was there a particular reason why you went with a white color after having a dark color? I've notice from many friends and co-workers that they switch to a light color after having a dark color car. Just wondering if main reason is the upkeep of a dark color that motivated then to switch to light color.

Just saw this. sorry for the delay. No, I would have bought another stormy blue in a heartbeat. To me its the best color Mazda ever put on one of these critters. White was the best option available (IMHO) at the time I traded. After 5 months I still miss the blue, but after all the rain in Texas, I feel pretty vindicated - white looks pretty good, even dirty! My '10 was running perfectly, but I had read where the ensuing models would be a 4 cylinder turbo, and I frequently pull a small cargo trailer between Texas and Oklahoma and I didn't want an engine that developed its power at high RPM. That simple.

Last edited:
um...

turbos flatten the torque curve for that more instantaneous, but less linear, power delivery.

"What Mazda discovered was that these folks typically don’t spin their tachometers past 3000 rpm or so, and so an onus was put on immediate torque production rather than high horsepower for the CX-9’s new engine."

"It produces 310 lb-ft of torque at 2000 rpm"

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-mazda-cx-9-official-photos-and-info-news

i just want to know the transfer case part number for the 2016.

Perhaps I don't fit the mold. I love the "manual" feature of the CX's shifter. I frequently go to 2d gear on the manual side if I need to get moving (uphill) from a light or stop sign. I find the CX will chirp the tires in first on the auto side. I want movement, not tire spin. Personally, I find the CX to be a blast in any mode. Keep in mind that I will be 73 next birthday - but I am not dead yet! I make a boo-boo here and there, but the vehicle makes up for my stupidity!! Hooraahhh!

Back