A/C Help

Cichan

Hey guys, hoping someone can help identify a part that I need... Passenger and rear a/c blow nice and cold but driver's vents blow hot air. I assume I just need a new blend door motor but can't figure out which part I need.

I found part L20661A70 that's listed as an actuator mode and parts guy at one dealership said that would be the blend door actuator I need. This is item #30 on the hvac diagram.

But then I found part L20761A60. Same part number listed as actuator temp right & left. Items #32 & 33 on the parts diagram. Talked to a different dealership and at first he thought I needed the mode above but when I brought up that these actually say temp and left/right, he was torn.

Has anyone had this issue or have a tech background that could at least help me decide which makes more sense? Thank you in advance!!

Hey guys, hoping someone can help identify a part that I need... Passenger and rear a/c blow nice and cold but driver's vents blow hot air. I assume I just need a new blend door motor but can't figure out which part I need.

I found part L20661A70 that's listed as an actuator mode and parts guy at one dealership said that would be the blend door actuator I need. This is item #30 on the hvac diagram.

But then I found part L20761A60. Same part number listed as actuator temp right & left. Items #32 & 33 on the parts diagram. Talked to a different dealership and at first he thought I needed the mode above but when I brought up that these actually say temp and left/right, he was torn.

Has anyone had this issue or have a tech background that could at least help me decide which makes more sense? Thank you in advance!!

Hello,

based on some quick research I did, I would say you need L20761A60
(it is called the FRONT AIR MIX actuator, keyword "MIX" which is the problem you are experiencing)
you can see from the shop manual the swing arm is straight and there is a driver side and passenger side, I bet it's the driver side actuator giving you problems. see the shop manual attachments below, it doesn't look too hard to get to it, just need to remove some panels by the driver's seat, I recommend inspecting this part first before buying the part just to make sure it's the problem

the other p/n you listed L20661A70
(it is called the FRONT AIR MODE actuator, keyword "MODE" which changes the modes between defroster and heat, which doesn't seem to be your problem) you can see the swing arm has a curve "C" shape to it, this is to change the mode, not mix the air, so I don't think this is your problem. And this comes as part of the whole heater component assembly, so I'm pretty sure this is not what you want.

links:

View attachment FRONT AIR MIX ACTUATOR INSPECTION.pdf

View attachment FRONT AIR MIX ACTUATOR REMOVAL.pdf

View attachment HVAC CONTROL.pdf

Last edited:
Well... Got the new part, took everything apart, and noticed the original temp actuator works fine. So maybe the old one got off track... Took it out and opened/closed the door manually. Goes from heat to moderate now, not warm but definitely not cold.

Did a little research and found another post where someone had a similar issue and had the HVAC evacuated and recharged and it fixed the problem. So now at least I can return the actuator. Debating between trying a recharge kit myself or just going to the dealer. Will let you guys know the outcome in case someone else runs into this down the road.

Last edited:
**Update**

Got a recharge kit and a/c is ice cold now. I assume it's just a temporary fix and will end up taking it in to evacuate/recharge down the road. Thanks again for helping identify the part we all thought I needed! At least now I can return it and save $350

**Update**

Got a recharge kit and a/c is ice cold now. I assume it's just a temporary fix and will end up taking it in to evacuate/recharge down the road. Thanks again for helping identify the part we all thought I needed! At least now I can return it and save $350

Hey Cichan,

thanks for keeping us posted, good reference for anyone else down the road with the same problem,

sounds like it just needed a recharge, glad you were able to get to the bottom of it and saved some money, cheers.

Back