Car is overheating quickly and when I have hot air on it's blowing cold air sometimes

Sgt9Pepper

:
2001 Mazda Protege 2.0 Manual
So here's a list of problems that have been going on with my 2001 Mazda Protege Manual 2.0L.
We changed the thermostat thinking that might do the trick but unfortunately it did not. Honestly trying to figure out if the head gasket is blown. We are going to do a compression test tomorrow and see what happens. I ran the Code Reader this morning and this is what codes popped up: P0117, P0171, P0106. We also did a test with the rad hoses to see if there was a clog but there was not.
Symptoms:
-Car is hesitating
-Needle is jumping between 0-1000 rpms(today car actually dropped down to zero while I was driving and shut off, and was able to start it again though)
-When having the heat cranked on full blast to keep car cool to get it home, it blows cold air randomly and i mean actually cold.
-I feel like she is eating through a ton of gas as well.
-Also the coolant is being sucked away very fast which is also causing it to overheat very quickly. There appears to be no leak from the canister as well.

I am hoping someone has any answers to help me figure out what the problem is here. Cause she's my baby and I've already put a ton of work into her to get her ready for racing.

All the codes make sense for the symptoms besides the cold air being blown when the heat is on(this just started happening) has really thrown me for a loop. Im hoping someone has maybe had a similar experience

Back