2007-2014 Mazda CX-9 Recalled For Corrosion Problem

"Performed alignment" is a sham.
I have proof. I just had my car aligned this morning because I got my CX-9 back with a 30 degree tilt in the steering wheel.
Here is proof they didn't align it. Have a look for yourself.

Mazda service confirmed that they don't do alignments, cuz mazda doesn't pay for that...they road check and perform alignment only if there are issues

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So, wait, they completely remove and replace the control arms and don’t require an alignment? WTF is their reasoning behind that?

I am actually hoping mine will be totally off. I want to align it in reputable shop with people who care for customer and don't lie in their faces. I will send the bill to mazda usa.

So, wait, they completely remove and replace the control arms and don’t require an alignment? WTF is their reasoning behind that?
Well..they are saying that alignment bolts are not affected during service...which might be true ..but it's new part ..new bushings...alignment should be a must on any suspension work

"Performed alignment" is a sham.
I have proof. I just had my car aligned this morning because I got my CX-9 back with a 30 degree tilt in the steering wheel.
Here is proof they didn't align it. Have a look for yourself.

I would send all that to Mazda usa..asking for reimbursement. ..now about your alignment print out....your rear camber is worse after with 0.4 difference....wtf? 0.2 diff. is the max I would allow them to leave it at. Thoughts?

I walked into the dealership here in San diego no questions asked by the service manager. They replaced the lower control arm, aligned the front, and even washed the car for me. I made sure to check steering wheel alignment and all is good.

Yeh, mine was aligned too. Have print out and car trails well. No wash though...damn it!! New bushings, new end links but LCAs look reman or something along the lines. ...new black paint with rust spots...not sure paint covers rust or new painted metal starts to rust...

Front wheel alignment was performed free of charge, and a minor adjustment to the toe was required. The tech said that the drivers side ball joint had excessive play present. The steering feel does seem improved with a noticeably tighter impression in the wheel. I also just inflated my Parada Spec-x tires to 42.5 front and 42 rear.

WP_20160415_18_59_25_Pro.jpg

Front wheel alignment was performed free of charge, and a minor adjustment to the toe was required. The tech said that the drivers side ball joint had excessive play present. The steering feel does seem improved with a noticeably tighter impression in the wheel. I also just inflated my Parada Spec-x tires to 42.5 front and 42 rear.

View attachment 213853
Nice shiny part!

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

whoa, you just posted your name, address, phone numbers, and make/model & VIN number,

just a friendly recommendation: I would black that out quick, who knows what nut online will try to steal your ID.

Ever heard of a phone book? It's got tons of people's name, address and phone number. Those aren't identity theft pieces of data and adding in VIN doesn't make any difference. Now if license ID or SSN was on there then he should be worried.

Ever heard of a phone book? It's got tons of people's name, address and phone number. Those aren't identity theft pieces of data and adding in VIN doesn't make any difference. Now if license ID or SSN was on there then he should be worried.
So--go ahead and post your info. The guy was just doing him a favor.(notcool)

Hey Folks,

I thought I'd share my story about the replacement of my lower control arms. I have a 2013 CX-9 Touring. It's has 65,000 miles. At roughly 64,000 miles I heard a slight 'clunk' in the front end, passenger side upon acceleration after moderate braking. At first, I thought there was something wrong with the brake calipers sticking but that was not the case. Shortly afterward I started hearing a clicking/popping sound when taking right curves at slower speeds (15-20mph). FYI, no clunks or sounds when turning left. The sound may have been there at higher speeds but I may not have heard it due to louder engine volume. I called Roswell (GA) Mazda and informed them of what happened and they didn't seem concerned at all. In fact they mentioned they had not had any CX-9s come in with bad control arms although they had replaced a few (older models) under normal recall standards. After making an appointment to get the sound checked out the service manager rode with me and seemed genuinely concerned with the sound - I know that I was. He asked me to leave the car and ultimately gave me a loaner. His initial thoughts were bad wheel bearings or even an axle problem. Sure enough I got a call about 8 hours later saying that the car was ready and it WAS the lower control arms. The tech sheet said there was 1 1/2" of play in the joint on the passenger side arm. Upon pick up the next day the service manager was still not convinced that it was the control arm. He even mentioned that upon disassembly and reassembly the issue could've been repaired that way as well (an unrelated part was tightened/fixed etc). Regardless, the problem does indeed seem fixed. I've only had it one day but things do seem back to normal.

The main thing worth noting is that you don't have to have an older model that's been in snowy, salted road conditions to have this issue. My car has only been in the snow once or twice and in Atlanta they don't even know what salting roads is. ;-)

Yeh, mine was aligned too. Have print out and car trails well. No wash though...damn it!! New bushings, new end links but LCAs look reman or something along the lines. ...new black paint with rust spots...not sure paint covers rust or new painted metal starts to rust...

I just had mine replaced last month. They are already showing rust... especially on the wield seems. I called the dealer service department that replaced them, and they were not concerned. I told them my old controls arms had no rust but you all replaced them anyway... and now i have control arms with rust. They scheduled me an appt but will probably just give me a half arse lesson about why the sky is blue. Problem is, I was an aviation elctronic tech in the Navy, where corrosion is your worst enemy. I know what neglecting rust can do! I should just treat the areas, which includes rust on the housing that holds the ball joint, but I would rather let them deal with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwzxv866yzxlw2h/2016-09-22 11.28.24.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvx80uorwl514ax/2016-09-22 11.26.57.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/niktskv83jw7l4c/2016-09-22 11.27.19.jpg?dl=0

I just had mine replaced last month. They are already showing rust... especially on the wield seems. I called the dealer service department that replaced them, and they were not concerned. I told them my old controls arms had no rust but you all replaced them anyway... and now i have control arms with rust. They scheduled me an appt but will probably just give me a half arse lesson about why the sky is blue. Problem is, I was an aviation elctronic tech in the Navy, where corrosion is your worst enemy. I know what neglecting rust can do! I should just treat the areas, which includes rust on the housing that holds the ball joint, but I would rather let them deal with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwzxv866yzxlw2h/2016-09-22 11.28.24.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvx80uorwl514ax/2016-09-22 11.26.57.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/niktskv83jw7l4c/2016-09-22 11.27.19.jpg?dl=0

I wouldn't worry about that either. Basically road debris "sand blasted" the paint off the surface.
I'd be surprised if your original control arms didn't have any rust.

Also, the rust that is part of this recall is in the balljoint, not on the control arm.

Bumping this old thread. I was putting some air in my wife's CX9 tires and noticed that the outside shoulders on both front tires are shot. When she had the control arms done, they didn't do an alignment, now the front tires are almost to the point of requiring replacement just due to the outside edge wear. Who thought it was a good idea to change control arms and not perform an alignment? I wonder if it was even checked.

My tires are also getting thin on the outside, but its because they are directional. The only way to fix that is to flip the tires on the wheels which you cant do with directional tires. can only move the wheels around. insides are at 6/32 and outsides are at 4/32. since i am ocd this drives me nuts. may get different non-directional tires next year.

Isn't an alignment cover as part of the recall?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back