Too lean off idle HELP

cg1238

:
mazda 3
So I have a 2008 mazda 3. Basically stock except for custom exhaust. I picked up an intake off of ebay for $60 bucks. (no I wasn't expecting much for 60 bucks but it was all I could afford) A buddy of mine helped me install it and as soon as I turned the car on the CEL came on. Drove fine for a couple weeks before the rubber that was clamped onto the throttle body melted making my intake completely fall off. Repaired it but it started idling around 2000 rpms. I threw the stock airbox back on and the engine light went off and no codes are showing up but my car still idles at high rpms.. So I guess I have two questions. Is it possible that the intake is just so cheap that its just not going to work? A buddy of mine suggested getting bigger injectors and then trying to put the intake back on, could this help? Also what what would be making my car idle at higher rpms even with the factory air box on? Ive looked everywhere and haven't found anything that helps and id really like to get this figured out.

From my very limited knowledge I'd say the intake messed with the maf, either by not being the proper size or, by allowing to much air in? I believe I read once that if the intake doesn't sit with the maf right it can cause issues. Although I could be completely wrong. High idling, like I said knowledge is eh, but perhaps it confused the ecu or something somehow and caused that. Although I could also be completely wrong, just some ideas.

There may still be a leak. Check all around where the intake seals to the TB. If there is not, it may take a while for the CPU to relearn the signals coming from the MAF sensor.

Make sure all the sensors are plugged in and making good contact, there should be 3 of them at least. Use a scan tool to see if there are obd codes also.

So I have a 2008 mazda 3. Basically stock except for custom exhaust. I picked up an intake off of ebay for $60 bucks. (no I wasn't expecting much for 60 bucks but it was all I could afford) A buddy of mine helped me install it and as soon as I turned the car on the CEL came on. Drove fine for a couple weeks before the rubber that was clamped onto the throttle body melted making my intake completely fall off. Repaired it but it started idling around 2000 rpms. I threw the stock airbox back on and the engine light went off and no codes are showing up but my car still idles at high rpms.. So I guess I have two questions. Is it possible that the intake is just so cheap that its just not going to work? A buddy of mine suggested getting bigger injectors and then trying to put the intake back on, could this help? Also what what would be making my car idle at higher rpms even with the factory air box on? Ive looked everywhere and haven't found anything that helps and id really like to get this figured out.
Every intake besides the stock one seems to throw a code, I have tried 2 different kinds on mine and same end result. It seems to be an issue with all Mazdas.

Back