2016 Favorites Gone

KCSam

:
2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
Added all my favorite stations for both AM, FM and SiriusXM the day I purchased my CX-5 (4/1). This weekend I took the car out and made a few stops. Everything was fine.

Parked the car for 3 hours later that night and when I turned it on my last favorite station was still displaying. When I clicked the button on the stering wheel to change nothing happened. I had thought initially that the button was messed up or the stereo itself froze up. I changed to FM and tried changing stations again with the steering wheel and this time I saw something display on the screen saying "No favorites saved" or something along those lines. Either way, all of my favorite stations just disappeared and I have no idea why.

It seems all of my NAV favorites are still out there, but the radio stations were wiped out. Bazaar to say the least.

Have you (your dealer) updated the firmware? Latest version is 55.00.750B. Mine did the same as yours when the firmware was on version 51.

Yep, guess so. I have 51 right now. Called the dealership in May when I first heard of the upgrade and they told me no need to upgrade if I wasn't having any issues. Said the upgrade could negatively affect it actually. I'll try taking in tomorrow after work.

Anyone know what exactly the update contains? Anything noticeable to the eye?

I recently did the update and didn't notice any visual changes. I too experienced a loss of favorites, twice and a few times while using Nav the system would shut down and reboot. Haven't had any problems since the upgrade, it took about 30min at the dealer.

Thanks for the info. I made an appointment for tomorrow. They said it would take about 30-45 min. I never had any navigation issues, but everything seemed to be moving a bit slower lately. Hopefully this corrects everything and I won't have to worry about saving favorites again.

Got my software version updated to 55 yesterday. Hopefully this resolves the issue I described above.

Back