Fs9 cam/Ecu help

TUN3R

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Alright guys I'm prepping for my full rebuild and I'm sorting everything I can to get it done and running with no hassle. I have a stock 2.0l fsde. I plan on running wiesco pistons with fs9 cams, also deleting Vics and getting the intake ported to match my head. I also am getting the head redone. Ex. Ported, 4 angle valve job. I plan on getting my stock Ecu flashed for MP3 from spicyorange. I already have a injen cai, and 4-1 headers. Should I have any problems with this setup running on the Ecu and get a ems later or would I need the ems right away? Also are the cams just a drop in or will I need to mod anything?

I'm running an FSZE on the P5 ECU and it doesn't know the difference.. Runs well, and is averaging 28mpg with the A/C on all the time. I run 93 octane in it, but haven't really noticed a difference the couple times I filled with 87. You're more or less building a ZE, so I don't see why you'd have a problem.

My ZE came with an FSH9 intake cam, which is pretty similar to the FS9.

How much compression do the Wiseco pistons add?

Last edited:
The 10.5:1 which I think is pretty close to the fsze compression. That's pretty much what I want is a fsze but I'm unsure on how to do the swap there's little info on it. Is it just drop in and go or did you have to swap stuff over?

The 10.5:1 which I think is pretty close to the fsze compression. That's pretty much what I want is a fsze but I'm unsure on how to do the swap there's little info on it. Is it just drop in and go or did you have to swap stuff over?

I am only running the ZE long block. The intake and all it's peripherals are from the P5.

Unfortunately if you build a ZE, it's hard to take full advantage of the upgrades without some sort of tuning.

I have a friend who's hooking me up with a aem ems for 250. So tuning isn't a worry. I'm just stuck between what I want. I'm trying to at least get over 200whp to pep this little thing up. I got a baby on the way so I don't wanna make it to insane. Just a little auto x from time to time. And enough to beat all these damn civics in my town lol I love the protgs because they handle so well I've owned a sedan and now my p5. My only problem with both is they are balls slow. I feel like my only option is boost...

I have a friend who's hooking me up with a aem ems for 250. So tuning isn't a worry. I'm just stuck between what I want. I'm trying to at least get over 200whp to pep this little thing up. I got a baby on the way so I don't wanna make it to insane. Just a little auto x from time to time. And enough to beat all these damn civics in my town lol I love the protgs because they handle so well I've owned a sedan and now my p5. My only problem with both is they are balls slow. I feel like my only option is boost...

The stock MSP engine is 170bhp, and the ZE is close to that.

To get anywhere near 200whp, you're looking at forged internals and lots of boost.

Back