Install Hints 2009 Mazda5 reflective LEDS

:
2009 Mazda5 Auto
Any updated information on how to install LEDs that replace the reflective lenses on the rear for a 2009 (see pic). I've seen some threads, but they're at least 2 years old, and not very descriptive. I've heard it isn't necessary to remove the rear bumper.

RBL-MZ-5-05-LED-YR-RDd.jpg

Left lens mysteriously disappeared, so I was pretty excited when I found this upgrade.

i would think you would need to remove the bumper to at least run the wiring. removal and installation of the actual reflector should be easy, too. roll the back of the car up onto some ramps and you should have clear access to the rear of the lights.

The rear reflectors pop out pretty easy except for the driver's side because of the muffler...
I removed mine and installed LED strip lights into them one for running lights and the brakes... the strips didn't last too long...I have to redo them..

The rear reflectors pop out pretty easy except for the driver's side because of the muffler...
I removed mine and installed LED strip lights into them one for running lights and the brakes... the strips didn't last too long...I have to redo them..

Thanks. I bought the light kit complete (no instruction). Removing the left won't be a problem since that one already mysteriously disappeared (hence the upgrade plan).

Last edited:
Im pretty sure you can wire them up without removing the bumper
Also is the mazda5 in the picture your car if so whats the part number for the uk rear fog light

Also is the mazda5 in the picture your car if so whats the part number for the uk rear fog light

No, just a photo I found when I was doing research, and it happened to already highlight the reflective lenses that I talking about. Looking at it, the wiring should be easy on the driver side, but might be a little more difficult to run it up on the passenger. Right now, the upgrade is on hold until I get one of the home projects done.

Back