Can someone confirm that this CX-9 is indeed a Grand Touring trim?

Neil22

:
Mazda CX-9
Hi all. I'm searching for a CX-9 now and came across this car. I understand the Grand Touring has the fog lights, leather, HIDs, 20" wheels and Navigation.

This car is listed as a 2010 Grand Touring and I can confirm it does have fogs, BSM, TCS, two-tone leather and power lift gate. The radio setup does not appear to have Navigation and I have never seen this radio setup in a Grand Touring so I'm confused. I understand there were some weird packages setup for this model so I'm hoping someone here can confirm this is in fact a Grand Touring trim.

iSe4EVT.png

Not certain that these are 20" or not. Probably because of the shadows?
c88Gqyh.png

Any help/insight is appreciated.

GT has chrome trim above the license plate, blinkers in the mirrors, fog lights and 20". While any of these can be added, it's not likely that a non-GT would have all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT has chrome trim above the license plate, blinkers in the mirrors, fog lights and 20". While any of these can be added, it's not likely that a non-GT would have all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks just_phil. You're referring to rear license plate?

6quZvbE.png

The car's about an hour and a half away from me and I'm not certain the dealer would know specifically what trim it is.

You should be able to run the VIN through Carfax and it should show. I'm wondering if the original head unit malfunctioned or this maybe was a special order?

Yes, that chrome thing in the picture, just above the license plate, that's GT, unless someone wanted to pay $300 to add it as an option.

Thanks just_phil. I think I'll go ahead and move forward with the prepurchase inspection and take it from there. Any other tips on the things to look for that the shop might overlook is appreciated.

My 2012 is a GT without NAV and has the same stereo as above.

If it has leather, sunroof, foglights & those 20s, it's def a GT. One thing I'm not certain of though, do you still get the Bose upgrade w/out the Nav?? Just curious

Please please check to see if the transfer case fluid has been changed. If it has over 50K miles and has not been changed, do so right away. Even though the dealership says it is a lifetime fluid, it is not. There is literally less than a quart in the transfer case. You have to pump it out and pump in back in to change it. The dealer will even try to tell you it cannot be done, but it needs to be done. If it has more than 50K and the owner has not changed it, I would be hesitant. There are some threads on here about the CX-9 Transfer case fluid change.

Wow. Thanks. Sounds like a potential showstopper. I'll ask the owner if this was done but I'm starting to have doubts that it was

Please please check to see if the transfer case fluid has been changed. If it has over 50K miles and has not been changed, do so right away. Even though the dealership says it is a lifetime fluid, it is not. There is literally less than a quart in the transfer case. You have to pump it out and pump in back in to change it. The dealer will even try to tell you it cannot be done, but it needs to be done. If it has more than 50K and the owner has not changed it, I would be hesitant. There are some threads on here about the CX-9 Transfer case fluid change.

Wow. Thanks. Sounds like a potential showstopper. I'll ask the owner if this was done but I'm starting to have doubts that it was

This only applies to AWD models, see if seller will allow you to get under the car to check for any signs of leaking,
transfer case is located upfront between driver and passenger seats, see thread in how to section of this CX-9 forum regarding changing transfer case oil, look for the u-pipe and you will see the transfer case.

Last edited:
Back