Method for filling rear motor mount

:
mazda
I've read that people have filled the rear motor mount by removing the intake manifold. I filled my rear motor mount about halfway over the weekend. It looked like rain was coming, and I didn't want to risk getting stuck with my intake off in the rain. Instead, I was able to get at the motor mount by removing the air intake and the battery. I tried to put tubing over the caulk gun, but I didn't have the right size. I ended up making a cone of tape around the tip of the caulk gun, extending its reach. I definitely think that some tubing over the tip of the gun could make it easy to snake some urethane into the motor mounts without disturbing too much in the engine bay.

With filling a mount does it need to be a new one? My drivers side one is bad should I buy a new one and fill it? Or just fill the one that's torn? Probably a dumb question but I'm new to this stuff

You can fill an old broken mount, but for the best results you'll need to jack up the engine so the mount is positioned like it was before it wore out. If the mount isn't completely broken than you shouldn't have to worry about this.

You can fill an old broken mount, but for the best results you'll need to jack up the engine so the mount is positioned like it was before it wore out. If the mount isn't completely broken than you shouldn't have to worry about this.

I planned on having the motor up a little first logically rusty masks sense

Back