Scangauge 2

antmstr4

:
2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring
Hi everyone!

I have a 2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring and I have been looking into buying a Scangauge 2 for my car. I want to monitor some O2 Sensor data and possibly be able to see the fuel pressure. I have seen on the Scangauage website that very few vehicles output the Fuel Pressure gauge. Can anyone who has one tell me if the Mazda 3 outputs fuel pressure data? Also, is the Scangauge 2 worth the $160? I also have seen the Ultragauge but I haven't done much research on that. Don't know if its really that much better than the Scangauge.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

I can check my scangauge II but it is in a newer 3. But I do recommend this device, highly. I have two of them and the one in my 3 is especially useful since there is no coolant temp gauge from the factory. I monitor that, air intake temp, voltage, and timing.

Thanks concept. I went out today and got one. So in love with it! Just been doing a bunch of research on the different type of data. I'm looking specifically at the o2 Sensor data and fuel trim. Now its spitting numbers but what is good or bad in terms of values for each? Do you happen to know?

I have an engine code P0171 coming up when I drive more than 45 minutes. Tells me that the air/fuel ratio is lean/rich in Bank 1. I suspect it's the o2 sensor malfunctioning when the exhaust manifold gets really hot.

But just not sure if my hypothesis makes much sense. What do you think?

Antmstr4,
Here is some good info regarding this code:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

First, check to see if there are any obvious signs of a vacuum leak. Not too long ago, I found a vacuum hose with a split at its end in my daughter's Protg. I simply cut off the split part and reconnected it before using my Scangauge to delete the code/check engine light.

Antmstr4,
Here is some good info regarding this code:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

First, check to see if there are any obvious signs of a vacuum leak. Not too long ago, I found a vacuum hose with a split at its end in my daughter's Protg. I simply cut off the split part and reconnected it before using my Scangauge to delete the code/check engine light.

Thank you concept. I appreciate your help :)

Back