Idling Problem

ashraf97

:
mazda 2001 sp20 manual
has anyone come across this problem; when i let my car (2001 mazda 323 sp20) idle in neutral the rpm starts the surge and what i mean by that is when let the clutch out in neutral the cars rpm goes from 1000-1500 constantly going from one to another, once i engage the clutch it goes back to normal idle (750 rpm), another thing i when i disengage the clutch and don't press the brakes the idle just stays at 1500 rpm, recently this happened when there appeared to be a whole in the intake piping, i thought this was my problem so i replaced my intake piping and this didn't fix the problem so it still surges when the clutch is disengaged and when the clutch is engaged it goes back to normal idle (750 rpm), any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Can you tee-in a vacuum gauge to see what that is showing? Normal vacuum should be up around -20 inches of mercury. A vacuum leak should make that drop to -16"Hg or less.

lol i have no idea how to do that tbh, can you give me steps on how to and where to get my self a vacuum gauge?

is your iac is clean?? also get some starting fluid and spray it around you intake gaskets if the idle rises or drops when you spray around your intake its a bad gasket
or vacume leak

Back