Drove the cx-3. We are buying one

Kojack

:
2007 5 GT "thing 5"
Well, after driving the CX-3 today. We are going to purchase one. A GS with lux package. Price is too good. We are keeping the 5 as well. I just have to sell my Harley first. anyone?

The car is awesome, lots of zip and a nice interior. We are impressed.

How did the front cockpit space feel compared with the Mazda5 you own?

How did it feel getting in the back seats?

My parents are thinking of replacing their 08' Mazda5 with the CX-3...

Hey mazda dude. The car is much smaller than the 5, The 5 has what I like to call a greenhouse. The amount of visability from the cockpit in it is awesome. Plus cargo space is about double what the cx-3 has. Its not cramped but if 4 of us wanted to go on a weekend trip, we would need a roof rack, as there would not be enough cargo space to carry our 4 bags and the seats up. We are getting one for zipping around town, and traveling when its just the wife and I going for weekend getaways. If its anything longer, or more people we will take the 5. If there is any dirt involved Our jeep gets the nod.

The one thing I noticed is there is no arm rest and the window is too high beside the driver to comfortabley rest your arm on it too. Other than that its a blast and gets awesome milage.

Wow, great early report on CX-3. I'm fully expecting this to be a huge hit for Mazda.

What mpg are in the four places on the window sticker and what do you expect to get? I have a 2008 Mazda 5 that I love and feel the CX-3 would fit us the same way. I just hate to trade in my 2004 RX-8 with only 50K on it. Might have to drive these a few years till the RX-9 is available.

here is a Canadian Mazda site...don't be surprised on prices...today the US dollar is worth 1.25 Canadian.

http://www.northhillmazda.com/en/new/details/mazda/cx-3/2016/gx/1458/4684

Compare them....click on the "+"

http://www.northhillmazda.com/en/ne...Id=4684&vehicleTrimId=4685&vehicleTrimId=4683

Last edited:
EPA fuel economy is now on website for CX-3 2.0L (automatics): (combined/city/highway)

2wd 31 29 35
4wd 29 27 32

They're pretty slick.

How does its interior and cargo space stack up against the Mazda 3 hatch, @Kojack?

I think its pretty similar to the 3's interior space. All I know, I was having a blast driving it. That being said, my daily driver is a Jeep wrangler unlimited with 33" tires and 2" of lift. Power in that is non existant. But damn, is it fun!

I went in the 5 so I could compare the two. The 5 is the clear winner for a family rig. the CX-3, is more for a couple instead of a family.

When you compare all three you have to get the GT to get the things you want. The bad thing is the GT only comes AWD. Not what I wanted.....hmmm.

When you compare all three you have to get the GT to get the things you want. The bad thing is the GT only comes AWD. Not what I wanted.....hmmm.

No problem, when you sell it in Northern CA, you will get most of the AWD price premium back since demand in that market is there.

How does its interior and cargo space stack up against the Mazda 3 hatch...
The interior of the CX-3 I drove in a Mazda-run comparison event was small compared to my Mazda 3 hatchback. It is noticeably narrow, which is not surprising since it is a raised Mazda 2. The driver's seat space was comfortable for me.

I can't wait to go check one of these out, even though I just bought a 16 CX5 GT. I was really excited for the HRV and then hugely let down due to the interior build quality, which was crap. Even though I was too impatient to wait for the CX3, I'm still excited for it. I hope it does really well and kills in the segment.

I bought a CX3 GT picking it up on Wednesday. It drove well, the paddle shifters made it feel sporty. I liked the higher driving position but didn't feel like i was too high for my liking.

Not sure of '16 CX-5 but looks like the CX-3 has these changes to AWD system

EDIT: At least 2% to the rear wheels at all times?

http://www.autos.ca/first-drives/first-drive-2016-mazda-cx-3/?all=1

Mazda have made some impressive changes to the AWD system. On the mechanical side, they aimed for less weight and smaller packaging, coming out 20 percent lighter than in the larger CX-5 and fitting in the smaller CX-3. On the software side, Mazda has incorporated information from a slew of new and existing sensors for temperature, moisture, wipers, brake pressure, steering wheel angle, power steering feedback and more. A new algorithm processes 200 data points per second in order to determine torque distribution, even doing so preemptively if it detects a slippery surface in a static position. Standard torque split sends 98 percent of power to the front, and up to 50 percent of the torque can be shifted to the rear, though there is no AWD locking function.

Last edited:
A local dealership (in the Edmonton, Alberta area) had one in the showroom and some on the lot two months ago. It's bizarre to think that we would get them before California. They're still not common on the road, of course... it takes a while to accumulate a noticeable number.

Yes they are just hitting the dealers in the US now. Not too many of them out there at the moment...

Looks like the MSRP range will be between $21-30k.

Im thinking about trading my 2014 Mazda3 for a CX3 next year...

My wife has a Forester as a company car and loves the higher driving position.
She said the 3 is too low and she can't see very well.

Problem is - i LOVE my 3 and the CX3 is a bit small compared.
What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back