The little 2 that could

okvol

:
2014 Mazda 2 sport
Just ran an autocross today, joint event of Tulsa and Oklahoma City groups. Took 1st place in H Street class with five entrants. Two weeks ago, I took first place in H Street in Tulsa with two competitors.

Mods:
Corksport rear sway stiffener
Corksport adjustable shocks - full stiff front, 3/4 stiff rear.
Tires today:
Front: Dunlop Direzza Star-spec 205/50 15
Rear: Bridgstone RE11a 205/50 15.

Of the eight runs today I DNF'd the first run. On the 6th run, I left the traction control on, which added seconds and had one instance of TCS kicking the ABS on.

I was often on three wheels, but always had both front tires planted. The amount of speed I could carry was amazing, and I could squeeze through the tiniest openings to straighten the course.

In other words, this car is amazing. I'll post video soon.

8 runs!? Is that normal or was there an atypically low number of entrants at that event?

8 runs is normal in Oklahoma. We had 77 drivers in three heats. Five cars in H Street class where I ran.

June 13th and 14th I'm going to a divisional autocross. Registered competition: 2015 Fiesta ST, 2014 Fiesta ST, and a 1995 BMW 318 in H Street with me. This is going to be interesting.

Four runs Saturday, four Sunday. Sum the best times each day.

Just recently added: 95 BMW 318, and a 13 Mini Cooper.

Last edited:
I tried 3/4 full and full stiffness. I prefer full stiff front, 3/4 stiff on rear. Where you really feel the difference in a slalom. A sweeper leans on the sway system more. My car tends to lay flat and push to the limit of grip of the star-specs.

And I just noticed a 2001 Neon R/T that is signed up in my class. This will be interesting.

the Fiesta ST in H stock is crazy. Our cars cannot compete stock wise to a Fiesta ST with the class limit.

I thought they were going to be a bit lazy on the tight turns but seeing one in action proved me wrong.

I've already beat one with the factory tires. I just hope these will be tight tracks.

Nice work!

Always fun raw timing cars much "faster". Even if its all driver its a fun achievement :)

Like when I ran 0.5 faster than a Lingenfelter C6 Corvette in a bone stock Mazda3... 2.0l model lmao.

Another great day at autocross. Had a Fit and a Lancer in my class, beat second place by over 2 seconds. Took 4th of 8 in Masters PAX.
Here is my best run:

Last edited:
A couple of pics from a race earlier this year. I got out of shape because my tires not being the best.
S26rp8n.jpg

hWrbqnP.jpg

Just wanted to update the board on my racing so far this year. In H-Street class SCCA Autocross, I have two 2nd-place trophies and 4 1st-place trophies.
I have another autocross and a rallycross to go.

Latest update: I won H-Street trophy for 2015 NEOkla autocross.

Also, I am expecting delivery of a full set Koni Yellow adjustable shocks and four Bridgestone RE-71 tires mounted on 14lb rims.

I'm also going for Masters PAX this year too!

Back