good rotors

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
i have been having an awful time with rotors, can someone recommend a brand of rotors that can take a ceramic pad such as the duralast cmax or comparable just higher than oe spec pad material and not get pad material transfer or "warp" i cannot seem to find one

Centric Premiums or better are good. They have worked well for me in autox and street use. No warping or problems from them.

And what do you mean no pad material transfer? You want a thin layer of pad material on the rotor

And what do you mean no pad material transfer? You want a thin layer of pad material on the rotor

yes, however with cmax pads and duralast rotors i was getting too much pad material build up and it was causing ridges which are a bad thing.

I've had multiple issues with the duralast rotors/pads on various cars. I'd ditch both and get some of the centric premiums and some different pads.

Rockauto has centric premium for very cheap. Spend a bit more and get centric high carbon.

Rockauto has centric premium for very cheap. Spend a bit more and get centric high carbon.

i had issues with their pads wearing abnormally quick, the rotors were great, but i cracked one after 3 years (slotted and drilled, i know it happens) i cannot locate just the centric slotted/drilled rotors by themselves or i would get those. however it looks like my protege5 may never need new anything again, had a guy fail to yield on a traffic circle and slam into me tore up the front bumper driver side front fender drivers side wheel and headlight, it was not drivable afterward. when i went back today to get some more stuff out of it, i got a better look (as the wreck happened at 1030pm) i saw the whole wheel assembly was shoved back into the rear of the fender and saw something metal mangled underneath but could not tell what part it was, i think it was the control arm(car was too low and i was too pressed for time to keep looking under it) the fender is creased and bent in near the light the light is cracked the side marker is completely gone the door is scuffed the wheel is scuffed and beat to hell and the steering knckle looks twisted back to me. i am thinking its totaled

yeah, i know, honestly though this car has started to become a money pit at 165k miles(even though it has been well maintained its whole life) and if it is totaled i will miss it, and be mad that i just put a whole new front suspension on it less than 1000 miles ago, but it will be a weight off somewhat because i can get something newer with less miles and start over again, get one that has not been wrecked hopefully. but i want a newer car i can find parts for easier. its getting hard to find parts for this car.

A friend of mine got T-boned and his insurance company gave him some extra money for maintenance work he'd had done recently on the car. Sounded weird to me, but that was their policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back